Western Mountaineering Quilts

sneaky

"DADDY"
They've got a 26 degree and 38 degree coming out early 18. Another option for those of us who've made the switch to quilts. I'm guessing you can have them overstuffed for lower temps.
ac451a4d1f27be007eb15531de450ea0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

boom

WKR
haha..

right when i ordered an EE quilt. i would need things warmer tho..

i wonder if they have a factory showroom? i would love to drive by when i am getting my annual vietnamese food fix in san jose.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I wish more would go to the Big Agnes style with the sleeve for the pad. No matter how I try to get my EE quilt set up I am always getting gaps. It’s fine for me for less drastic locales but I’d really like to have it bulletproof for Kodiak type hunts.

OP
sneaky

sneaky

"DADDY"
One thing about these quilts is they come with a draft collar, just like their bags do. It's a step in the right direction to eliminate drafts.

ill go for a 6'4'' as i am 5'8''.... if its really 12 oz..... going from a xtherm to x lite for early season in wa witch does not mean much. temps can be hot to freezing in sept here in altitude. wanting a 3 pound sleep system in my old age.......

I wish more would go to the Big Agnes style with the sleeve for the pad. No matter how I try to get my EE quilt set up I am always getting gaps. It’s fine for me for less drastic locales but I’d really like to have it bulletproof for Kodiak type hunts.

Let's invent the quilt or bag which incorporates an inflatable pad as an integrated component. No separate pieces, or sleeves or worrying about things sliding around.

what is the advantage of a quilt over a sleeping bag other than saving the weight of a zipper?Seems like with a full length zipper you can turn a bag into a quilt but with a quilt how do you "swaddle " yourself well enough to eliminate drafts?

Let's invent the quilt or bag which incorporates an inflatable pad as an integrated component. No separate pieces, or sleeves or worrying about things sliding around.

Why hasn't this been done yet?
lol

Makes sense as 99% of every back packer, hunter, mountaineering explorer uses both anyway.
If WM would have a sleeve- Id spend the $$.

OP
sneaky

sneaky

"DADDY"
what is the advantage of a quilt over a sleeping bag other than saving the weight of a zipper?Seems like with a full length zipper you can turn a bag into a quilt but with a quilt how do you "swaddle " yourself well enough to eliminate drafts?
Just make sure you have one of adequate width. That's the best advice I can give. I've only had an issue with drafts a couple of times. My EE quilt in 20 degree long/ wide weighs 22oz. You have to pay a whole lot more to get a bag anywhere close to those specs.

Hey Sneaky do you get a wholesale price on them?
They look like they would be great and the idea of a sleeve intrigues me for sure.

Liking this EE quilt:
Enigma 850DT 10° L/W at 1.5 lbs with the pad retaining system- sweet.
Half the cost of a WM bag.
And 3 lbs lighter than my current 0 degree bag- sign me up.
Now I can carry more food
:)

Trying to find more info on the pad system- I have a 3-" but most sleeves only fit the 20" pads?
Any body got any info on these?

* I read up on them and got what I needed.
Interesting on the quilts.

Last edited:

AXEL

WKR
WM did offer a sleeved bag some years ago, IIRC, I had a FF made that way at the time and gave it to a friend. WM did not stay with these and they seem to have problems of their own.

OP
sneaky

sneaky

"DADDY"
Hey Sneaky do you get a wholesale price on them?
They look like they would be great and the idea of a sleeve intrigues me for sure.
No, that was someone else who blacked out the wholesale prices lol.