WESTON PRO SERIES #12 MEAT GRINDER

ewade07

WKR
Thinking about getting into the grinding game and Camofire has this grinder on a pretty steep discount. Does anyone out there have any experience with this machine? 1HP and grinds 6-9 lbs per minute. Thanks for any input!

Go with a #22 if you can. I know your thread is for the one on Camofire, but you won't regret it if you go with the #22.

1HP but #12.... Hmmm based on the hours I've spent looking at grinders, I'd say its a compact "countertop" type model..... Its GONNA BE LOUD if it is. Like wear hearing protection loud. The longer types with the motor hanging off the side are where its at. They are quiet enough to have a conversation next to them while they run. The compact ones run on gear reducers which is where all the noise comes from

**edit
Disregard.. this is an offset motor type

Last edited:

guylaga

Lil-Rokslider
I have one, bought it off ebay last year for a similar price as they have on camofire today.

I haven't had a chance to process a full animal with it, but did run a few pork shoulders through with some already ground venison and then two briskets on a separate occasion.

Both times it made quick work and never bogged down, so no complaints so far. I wouldn't hesitate if the price is right for you.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
IMO, no way is a #12 throat size grinding that fast, the tube is just not big enough. To get that much per minute a #22 is required. I have owned them all.

Marble

WKR
We do about 12 lambs a year, 2 pigs, 8-12 deer and a few elk. We use a 1.5 hp MEAT brand grinder with the #32 throat. We tried others and they just didn't work even quarter as fast as this one.

Whatever dinner the OP gets,get biggest you can afford and store.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

hunterjmj

WKR
I had the old westin countertop style grinder, which stays on the shelf. Worked fine but was ultra loud. Bought a 1hp MEAT on sale last year and it's a yuge upgrade. It's not loud which I think is top of the list and grinds through meat so fast. Whatever you get don't get the small 400 or 800 watt models, they are so loud.

We do about 12 lambs a year, 2 pigs, 8-12 deer and a few elk. We use a 1.5 hp MEAT brand grinder with the #32 throat. We tried others and they just didn't work even quarter as fast as this one.

Whatever dinner the OP gets,get biggest you can afford and store.

#12 non compact version like the OP wants is good enough for anyone processing 3 or fewer deer per year. I have the same MEAT grinder as you but process 5 deer and a couple pigs. it's great and I love the speed but overkill. I should have saves the $100 upsize and bought a 20# sausage stuffer