What annealing rig?

SDHNTR

WKR
What’s the best bang for buck? I wore out some brass and gotta get into a new lot and work up again. Don’t want to have to do that again for a long time so I want this brass to last longer. What’s a good set up without spending 4 figures?

I bought an Annealeez. It is super basic setup but it works for me. Just make sure your order the larger wheels to go with it if you go that route.

Tahoe1305

WKR
I snagged a burstfire a while ago. Been impressed by it in the times I’ve used it.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
Do I have to assemble either of the two above? I hate that part.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
I load .223, .260 Rem, 6.5 Swede, .358 win, 6.5 and .300 prcs, and .300wsm. What wheels do I need for Annealeez? I don’t feel like getting out my calipers and measuring.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
I snagged a burstfire a while ago. Been impressed by it in the times I’ve used it.

Does the burst fire need a bunch of extra thingies to do different sized cases?

Jimbee

WKR
I have a burstfire. I'm happy with it. Fast and easy. No assembly

TxLite

WKR
I went with the EP Integrations. So far I’ve been very happy with it. Will do basically any case you can imagine without needing to buy additional parts.

I was concerned with saving some space on the bench so I went with an AGS v2 and am happy with it. It’s not as hands off as a Burstfire/Annealeze/etc, but it’s fun to tinker with.

Rathmatik

Lil-Rokslider
For a mid-range annealer, the Bench Source Annealer is a great option. It's well made and simple to get up and running. Otherwise, the Annealeez and EP are pretty similar in design and cost at the low end of the range.

Lawnboi

WKR
I know you don’t want to hear it, but get an amp.

With that list of cartridges it’s going to save you a lot of time.

If simple is your goal, the amp cannot be beat. You stick it in the hole and press start, that’s it. No testing, no templaque. Burn a piece of brass to get your code and it’a easy.

Tahoe1305

WKR
I know you don’t want to hear it, but get an amp.

With that list of cartridges it’s going to save you a lot of time.

If simple is your goal, the amp cannot be beat. You stick it in the hole and press start, that’s it. No testing, no templaque. Burn a piece of brass to get your code and it’a easy.
So I don’t have an amp. But I will say with the annealeze and burstfire and alike……after you spend 30 seconds configuring your torch you can run about 300 pieces without moving a finger. I’ve found it pretty consistent as well.

Sure amp is more consistent and set once and forget. But having to push each piece of brass is a bit time consuming in large quantities. Especially if you anneal each load.