What arca rail and bipod for competition?

22tcm

FNG
I have shot 2 completions now, a NRL Hunter and a local PRS match, and have am really enjoying it. I have another PRS in August and plan on doing multiple Hunter and PRS matches next year. So now I'm looking to start upgrading my rifle. I'm looking to put a longer arca rail on and a Acra mounted bipod. Currently I only have a small 4" rail just in front of the mag well and a Caldwell stud mounted bipod. I found at the PRS match I was always having to take the bipod off as it didn't leave enough room to lay the gun down on a bag properly. I want a 10" rail and was thinking I would go with Area 419 unless someone has other suggestions. As far as bipod it seems like there is a ton of options. This is going to be for competition. I don't really have a budget as I totally agree with the buy once cry once philosophy. I was originally thinking an Atlas but am open to opinions. Is the Ckye Pod worth the extra money? Let me know what you guys like. Thank you.

id_jon

WKR
If money is no concern, I would add that two bipods will probably make you more happy than trying to make 1 work for all situations.

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Exactly what he said. If you are shooting both a TBAC and a Triple pull Ckye Pod is the way to go. TBAC will be used 95% of the time for PRS and you might have a couple stages the triple pull comes in handy. The CKYE pod will buy you some points at an NRL Hunter match if you can afford the weight.

Juan_ID

WKR
I’ve only done a few nrlhunter and prs matches and swore I’d never buy a ckye pod. I now have a ckye lightweight single pull and have used it for both style of comp. Very versatile and I haven’t been left wanting more. Is it necessary or worth the money? Maybe maybe not, but they are awesome and I don’t see myself moving away from it for competition use. I will say the triple pull has peaked my interest for no other reason than curiosity.

Reactions: XLR