What are the Exo K4 Buckles?

WhiskeyDoc

Lil-Rokslider
Not wanting to derail the Exo threads. Also, not just calling Exo for ordering a couple cause I’m not sure what I want exactly… just brainstorming. This is for a small pouch project so I’ll prob go with smaller buckles than they’re using. But I like the color and style of exo’s. I can’t for the life of me find the same buckles on ykk’s site. They have item numbers on the K4 buckles but they don’t pop up in the ykk catalog.

OP
WhiskeyDoc

WhiskeyDoc

Lil-Rokslider
I thought so too. But they say YKK on the ones on the frame. Unless Duraflex is a type of ykk? I thought those were different manufacturers.

I’ll check in a minute when I’m home, I feel like I remember seeing a name on them. You looking for the K4 auto lock or standard ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
WhiskeyDoc

WhiskeyDoc

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah that’s what mine say as well. I found the auto lock from ykk. I’m looking for the standard. Again prob smaller than the 1” though. I’ll probably just end up going with Duraflex Mojave. I think they’re pretty much the same. I just can’t seem to find the IB25MC in any size or shape other than the auto lock. Odd. I really like them. They’re just the right stiffness without being too stiff.

Trekker

FNG
Does anyone know of a source for the autolock buckles that the k4 uses. Other then exo. Thanks.

feanor

WKR
The auto locks are nice. I think they are a bulk supplier type thing. It’s hard to find them sometimes. When I was sewing my last pack, I wanted similar buckles and webbing (1”) to stone glacier. I called them up and the guy said I would not be able to find the webbing they use. So either it’s a secret source or they do something to it afterwards to make it grab better.
My issue is that the normal buckles and webbing just don’t seem to grab as well when cinching down. Thus the auto lock solution.

OP
WhiskeyDoc

WhiskeyDoc

Lil-Rokslider
This is an interesting rabbit hole to go down. I have no info on the webbing issue, but the Exo buckles are definitely YKK. Although I’m fairly certain the Duraflex Mojave are essentially the same thing. Good luck finding the YKK. If you want what exos got you’ll just have to contact them and have them build an order. They’re usually willing to in my experience. But Mojaves can be had by other means.

I’ve been diving into the diy world. It’s a ton of fun but getting supplies can be a pain especially with shipping adding up.

But yeah, for the average Joe, I think the Duraflex is the way to go. And they have an auto lock too I think.

I also found that the duraflex mojaves fit the YKK grey buckles on the exo pack without issues. They are the same size and fit together perfectly. I saw your other thread with the Pika bag and thought it was cool