What did you do in the reloading room today?

I heard about the old Redding #1 scale that is dampened with oil rather than magnets and had to have one! Lol

There’s a little oil reservoir and a beam has a little metal paddle that hangs down in the oil.

Looking forward to using it - seems to be better than magnetic dampening, although more messy.

I heard about the old Redding #1 scale that is dampened with oil rather than magnets and had to have one! Lol

There’s a little oil reservoir and a beam has a little metal paddle that hangs down in the oil.

Looking forward to using it - seems to be better than magnetic dampening, although more messy.
When you get some time post a picture of it. I’d be interested to see what that set up looks like.

I created a small difficult room to get to for reloading, gun work, leather work and hunting supply storage. One of the highlights is that if my wife doesn't know what it is - she throws it into the room and let's me sort it out. It has saved me hours of her putting things away and me trying to figure out where it went.

When you get some time post a picture of it. I’d be interested to see what that set up looks like.

I couldn’t find a picture of the oil reservoir before I bought this one, and found out some of the #1 scales don’t have the paddle or reservoir. Kind of a fun unique scale. 20wt motor oil was recommended, but lighter or heavier could be used if someone wanted it to settle faster or slower.

6C2A1CB3-4083-43C5-894A-D9A09F266E8E.jpeg

Put together some 223 - 21gr of LT-30 pushing an Everglades 55gr SP, Fiochi primers, range brass. I'll run it over the chronograph when the weather cooperates, but I'm looking for a 2900fps plinking load. Might only be 2800fps in the cold.

I loaded up some 300WSM rounds to test 165 grain Hornady CX’s with Win 760 powder. Been using H4350 with this bullet but I can never leave well enough alone.

Also loaded up 50 rounds of 6 arc to test. 25 Speer 100 grain bullets with A2520 and 25 Hornady 105 grain BTHP Match bullets with CFE223. New to the 6 arc world so still messing with different combos.

I loaded up some 300WSM rounds to test 165 grain Hornady CX’s with Win 760 powder. Been using H4350 with this bullet but I can never leave well enough alone.

Also loaded up 50 rounds of 6 arc to test. 25 Speer 100 grain bullets with A2520 and 25 Hornady 105 grain BTHP Match bullets with CFE223. New to the 6 arc world so still messing with different combos.
I also find I tinker instead of finding a load and being done with it

Also loaded up 50 rounds of 6 arc to test 25 Speer 100 grain bullets with A2520 and 25 Hornady 105 grain BTHP Match bullets with CFE223. New to the 6 arc world so still messing with different

I also find I tinker instead of finding a load and being done with it
Most of the fun, and a ton of the $$ spent on reloading is messing around with the infinite possibilities. :)

Loaded:
200 22-250 / 75 eld-m
100 22 cm 90 a tips

Necked down 101 pieces lapua 6.5 prc brass to 6 prc (thanks Lapua for always throwing a spare in there)
Ran em over the vld chamfer and primed them

Found a bunch of 7mm bullets and miscellaneous bonded bullets I no longer have use for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't find my bench.........

Randy
Me either currently. Hot mess.
Loaded:
200 22-250 / 75 eld-m
100 22 cm 90 a tips

Necked down 101 pieces lapua 6.5 prc brass to 6 prc (thanks Lapua for always throwing a spare in there)
Ran em over the vld chamfer and primed them

Found a bunch of 7mm bullets and miscellaneous bonded bullets I no longer have use for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some quality work going on there!!

A couple days ago, I spent half the day cleaning and oiling bridles and reins. Before that I cleaned my rifles and handguns, sharpened household and hunting knives, organized my bench for preparing to load 7RM shells.

Back