What does everyone do for a living?

I am right there with you guys, in my 7th busy season. CPA mainly working with small to medium sized businesses doing assurance work. Last month I told my job we are selling our house and plan on leaving our midwest town in May and heading for the mountains. Now back to work as I will be staring at this computer screen until midnight.

Any plans on location? My dream is to buy or get in to a small shop practice in small town in MT or ID. Maybe one day, I have a good thing going here and moving a family with 2 young kids away from grandparents would be tough at the moment.

Fun fact, Randy Newberg is/was a CPA and a partner at a firm in Bozeman (I think Bozeman). He is my inspiration in this career. Like I said, being a CPA is great because our slow time is during hunting season.

gibbons025

Lil-Rokslider
I was in Law Enforcement for 15 years. Worked as a K9 officer doing heavy Drug Interdiction. Got burnt out working the crazy hours, found a Monday through Friday Job hauling motor oil in a small bobtail. All weekends and holidays off. Makes for a lot better hunting days.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
retired Montana game warden- 25 years, not a ton of hunting in those 25 years (fill the freezer in a hurry hunts)

now working for the Feds- my uniform went from Wranglers and a western shirt to a suit coat and tie, but still have a badge and gun AND with weekends and holidays off, my hunting time has increased greatly :D

Any plans on location? My dream is to buy or get in to a small shop practice in small town in MT or ID. Maybe one day, I have a good thing going here and moving a family with 2 young kids away from grandparents would be tough at the moment.

Fun fact, Randy Newberg is/was a CPA and a partner at a firm in Bozeman (I think Bozeman). He is my inspiration in this career. Like I said, being a CPA is great because our slow time is during hunting season.

Looking at ID, fairly open on cities/towns as my wife works remotely. No kids yet, so decided we better jump now. I have a couple FYE clients that have screwed with hunting season in the past. My current place was expecting/hoping to have me for the long haul. With how surprised they were about WHERE we wanted to move, it kind of showed how this isn't the best long term fit. I want to try going private at a company to see how that goes. That is cool about Randy Newberg, never heard that.

Work for a big Green Tractor Company in Iowa as an Engineer. I design things that are complex and awsome that usually work pretty well.

Plenty of vacation days, paid holidays, living out in the country where corn is plentiful make good for hunting whitetails. That is, when the wife and kids arn't keeping me busy.

Idaho CTD

Lil-Rokslider
I sell muzzle brakes and some other gun parts. muzzlebrakesandmore.com is my company.

The pay is decent and the time off is good.

CO_west

FNG
Was a high school teacher, now I'm back in grad school to become a forester. Loving it so far. Will be spending the summer down in the Apache-Sitgreaves National Forest near Show Low AZ working for the Forest Service, graduating in December, and hopefully finding work out west.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Mechanical Engineer - I work for a consulting firm design building HVAC and plumbing systems here in MT. And I make damn sure to schedule around September :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
I own a car wash and work as a private contractor doing web design. Luckily my wife can run the car wash and none of the guys I work with hunt, so taking time off is usually pretty easy.

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
Sale Manager/ IT

RIGGHHHHTTT! That doesn't even scratch the surface! You should have said: website designer, IT, mediator, Product designer, business owner, podcaster, graphic designer, e-commerce store IT, chauffeur, minion for 2 kids and 2 dogs, etc, etc, etc

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
RIGGHHHHTTT! That doesn't even scratch the surface! You should have said: website designer, IT, mediator, Product designer, business owner, podcaster, graphic designer, e-commerce store IT, chauffeur, minion for 2 kids and 2 dogs, etc, etc, etc

Add Robby's IT gopher