What food and drinks local to your area?

OP
G

Grumman

WKR
If you ever travel through the Oregon coast, you will not have to wonder what OUR regional food is, 80% of the restaurants say “world’s best clam chowder!” Under the name… I expect those words to be on the Taco Bell sign in the next 5 years

It’s amazing how many places are voted worlds best! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Btaylor

WKR
You are right about the dives in the Delta. I’m an Arkansas boy and I grew on on Craig Bros in Devall’s Bluff and Jone’s in Marianna. Both are the epitome of dives but BBQ just doesn’t get any better.

south LA has both cheeses, hog head and turkey. Lol

Those are good for sure. I prefer cypress corner south of Marianna. Poplar Grove BBQ was good when the original folks had it back in the day and I forgot the name of the place at Marvel but it was really good too before the guy passed away and it closed. The pie lady across the road from Craig’s was worth the stop too!!

Those are good for sure. I prefer cypress corner south of Marianna. Poplar Grove BBQ was good when the original folks had it back in the day and I forgot the name of the place at Marvel but it was really good too before the guy passed away and it closed. The pie lady across the road from Craig’s was worth the stop too!!

You have been around if you even know about the pie shop. She passed away a couple years ago. I think some of the family is still making pies though. Where are you from? I grew up around Cotton Plant and Des Arc but graduated from Searcy. I’m down in Golden Meadow LA working for the time being.

You are right about the dives in the Delta. I’m an Arkansas boy and I grew on on Craig Bros in Devall’s Bluff and Jone’s in Marianna. Both are the epitome of dives but BBQ just doesn’t get any better.

south LA has both cheeses, hog head and turkey. Lol
I would not have a problem eating in a dive, I have done my share of that with bad food😉

The opposite is a no go for me, I don’t care how good the food is if everyone is wearing a suit… unless my wife really wanted to eat somewhere like that I would tough it out, but I certainly wouldn’t go to a place like that for the sake of having good food, but dives I can do, usually some interesting characters in places like that… regional personalities, I like that because I see our country as basically culture less, I like the little pockets that prove me wrong

tony

WKR
GF worked in Vermont last year. They had some sort of dish, gravy and french fries, puntang, potane? I can't remember, was OK.

From your northern neighbor in WV ramps brown beans fried potatoes and bacon. Maybe finished off with one of your fine bourbons.
You forgot pepperoni and cheese rolls. And slop. Which is breakfast sausage fried up with onions. Add in sone fried taters. Crack 8-10 eggs in over all of it. Scramble. When the eggs are almost cooked, add 6-7 ounces of your favorite grated cheese. Top with gravy made from the sausage grease. It’ll stick with you. I’m pretty sure that’s where Hardee’s breakfast bowl came from.

Oregon

WKR
I would recommend spending some time in south LA before hammering that stake in the ground.
Bo, done spent months in LA. Venice specifically. Months. They do the 2nd best.
Absolutely nothing, nothing beats NM and and green Chile.
Totally different food. Bo, it's OK to like both. It's also OK to like one more than the other.. 84 year old New Mexico ladies food phenomenal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ridley

Lil-Rokslider
I was born and raised in New Mexico and miss the food so much. Nothing else like it. Now I am unfortunately in California and the only food I can think of that is unique to this place is tri tip. Everything else is from somewhere else.

I was always told fry sauce came from se Idaho. (Grew up there) It’s confirmed, fry sauce was born in Idaho lol and yes it’s spreading.
Had a buddy all through elementary and high school that’s make it out of school condiments. EVERYTIME we had French fries. Everyone would kinda turn their noses up at it. But, it ain’t bad.

I live about 8 miles as the crow flies from the VA line. In a little town called Bland, next to bluefield WV and VA, is a little store called Double Gates grocery. The best cheeseburger on the planet. Bar none.

The stores been in business for over a 100 years. And, they still grow and process their own beef.

I live about 8 miles as the crow flies from the VA line. In a little town called Bland, next to bluefield WV and VA, is a little store called Double Gates grocery. The best cheeseburger on the planet. Bar none.

The stores been in business for over a 100 years. And, they still grow and process their own beef.
That’s awesome. But Bland? Hard to convince people to visit a place called Bland I bet lol

GSPHUNTER

WKR

How far would it be, if,, say, that same crow were to ge in a truck and drove there.