What is in Yeti Mtn. Ops??

jdmdavey

Lil-Rokslider
Was just wondering since I Can't find it on their website.
Can anyone who uses Mtn Ops Yeti tell me how much sugar per serving there is?

OP
jdmdavey

jdmdavey

Lil-Rokslider
Stevia and Sucralose are sugar..want to know how much they use. I guess i should have made that more clear :D

Stevia and Sucralose are sugar..want to know how much they use. I guess i should have made that more clear :D

A little off topic, but what is everyones take on Sucralose and Stevia? I have read articles where they say the insulin response is the same, and I have read that it is minimal...

I am trying to cut out all sugar from my diet and especially for my first 2 meals of the day. But...I wake up every morning to a serving of Enduro and a serving of Yeti before workouts...that could be a lot of Sucralose that I am ingesting that I may not want.

Thoughts and opinions?

OP
jdmdavey

jdmdavey

Lil-Rokslider
From my research and understanding your body's interpretation of sugar is the same regardless. I wouldn't let it totally limit you unless its a zero tolerance thing. It's just understanding what is in it that's at the root of my question, so I can make an informed decision. I don't each much if any sugar either. Its a waste of time when your body needs carbs, fat and protein so much more. The people I train with take sugar intake pretty seriously and it isn't something they ever let slip by. Watch the Documentary called Fed Up it will change your outlook on sugar.

From my research and understanding your body's interpretation of sugar is the same regardless. I wouldn't let it totally limit you unless its a zero tolerance thing. It's just understanding what is in it that's at the root of my question, so I can make an informed decision. I don't each much if any sugar either. Its a waste of time when your body needs carbs, fat and protein so much more. The people I train with take sugar intake pretty seriously and it isn't something they ever let slip by. Watch the Documentary called Fed Up it will change your outlook on sugar.

You are correct that Stevia and Sucralose have about the same insulin response and are very minimal. These are both sweeteners and not sugars, one natural from a leaf and the other is artificial but safe. These products are sold through many Doctors offices as well and to many diabetics who actually often prefer the sucralose over stevia but have been happy with both. These products are as healthy as you can get them while masking the very bitter taste of the amino acids arginine and citrulline. Many other products on the market use High Fructose Corn Syrup and Xylitol and such which we refuse to utilize in the formulas. We hope this information helps.

robcollins

Lil-Rokslider
You are correct that Stevia and Sucralose have about the same insulin response and are very minimal. These are both sweeteners and not sugars, one natural from a leaf and the other is artificial but safe. These products are sold through many Doctors offices as well and to many diabetics who actually often prefer the sucralose over stevia but have been happy with both. These products are as healthy as you can get them while masking the very bitter taste of the amino acids arginine and citrulline. Many other products on the market use High Fructose Corn Syrup and Xylitol and such which we refuse to utilize in the formulas. We hope this information helps.

I have been really interested in Mtn Ops, but, as a type 1 diabetic, was curious about what's in it. I strive for low carb, high fat when in the woods, which means I need hardly any insulin. What does Mtn Ops do for guys like me? Especially fuel to stabilize blood sugar when intensity is high and my liver's unable to dump enough glycogen for longer duration, high intensity sustained work like hauling a pack or breaking trail in snow.

I have been really interested in Mtn Ops, but, as a type 1 diabetic, was curious about what's in it. I strive for low carb, high fat when in the woods, which means I need hardly any insulin. What does Mtn Ops do for guys like me? Especially fuel to stabilize blood sugar when intensity is high and my liver's unable to dump enough glycogen for longer duration, high intensity sustained work like hauling a pack or breaking trail in snow.

The products that will help you most in your circumstance would be Enduro and Yeti both of which will increase nitric oxide levels in the body and increase your endurance and energy. Both of these products are sweetened in such a way that they will not effect your blood sugar levels. Also increased nitric oxide increases insulin sensitivity so your body can use the insulin it is producing better. I hope this helps answer your questions.

- Casey Harbertson