What meat grinder do you use?

NRA4LIFE

WKR
Weston 1 HP #22 here. This is a beast. When we still had cats we'd make our own cat food. This thing could grind up whole chickens, bones and all.

highwall

FNG
I’ve got grandma’s old hand crank! It works better now that I flattened the plate and sharpened the knife. Downside is that my right arm is now 3x bigger than my left…

OP
Jbenson

Jbenson

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome, thanks for all the info boys. Now I've got some research and comparison to do!

I labored through multiple deer and elk using a grinder attachment on a Kitchenaid mixer before I finally ponied up for a 1.5 hp #32 MYM...my only regret is not upgrading sooner.

This is
My son grinding a beef we butchered for ourselves about 3 years ago. It’s a ButcherBoy with I believe a 52 mm plate. My other one is the same size but it’s a Biro.

Attachments

• IMG_1892.jpeg
    IMG_1892.jpeg
    276.9 KB · Views: 56

dryfly101

Lil-Rokslider
Meat #32 all the way for me. Whatever you decide, meat has a cool foot pedal attachment that allows you to control the machine with your foot while using both hands. Could be available elsewhere but I saw it first when I bought my MEAT grinder and absolutely love it!
So is the idea that you can fill those bags with ground product and control it like a sewing machine? I've never seen this, but I like it.

robtattoo

WKR
This is
My son grinding a beef we butchered for ourselves about 3 years ago. It’s a ButcherBoy with I believe a 52 mm plate. My other one is the same size but it’s a Biro.

Attachments​

• IMG_1892.jpeg

I am literally vibrating with jealousy. 🥹

Last edited:

highwall

FNG
This is
Holy moly that’s huge! (Don’t fall in)

mlob1one

WKR
This is
I'm green with envy!

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Meat brand here as will . Make sure to run semi frozen meat in it . Another thing is check the weight . Some of them are beasts if your planning on moving it around vs stationary . MEAT usually has sales periodically . I had a promo code stacked on a sale price and it was a pretty good deal . Good luck

Well, ya gotta use big stuff in a commercial plant. Both grinders are probably 50 years old. I would love to have newer ones and bigger. I need one that is a mixer grinder. Just one brand new one would probably be about 30k. When we first started processing our own stuff and friends we used small table top grinders. Then when we decided to start the business we lucked into an old processor getting out of the business and snagged his grinder for pretty cheap. The one in the pic is it. That was over 30 years ago and it was old when we got it. Purchased the other one used in 2006 from a company out of Omaha that refurbishes used meat equipment. I use one for coarse grind and then the other for fine grind.

I have the smallest LEM they made, bought it 20ish years ago when I had no money. It's been through so many deer and hogs it ain't even funny, bunch of antelope couple aoudad and couple elk. I keep trying to kill it but it just won't die. Some day I'll buy a newer larger grinder but can't justify it as long as this one's still kicking. It's slower sure but not slow enough to replace it before it dies.

IMG_0678.jpeg
This guy isn’t big and yeah we could do it faster but it’s treated me well the last 10 years. Grinds burger real well, sausage stuffer is junk but I have a ol 10 lb cast stuffer from my great grandfather.

Stx has ground 10+ elk, 8 antelope, and I don’t want to know how many deer and geese. Need some resurfacing on the blades and plate but I’m pleased.

Just picked up a LEM #8 last week and it was a major upgrade from the cheap Cabela’s one I’ve been using for years. It wouldn’t have been able to handle the elk we ground up.

IMG_5998.jpeg

DWinVA

WKR
Got the LEM Big Bite in October. Works awesome compared to the Kitchen Aide attachment I’ve used for years. Based on my needs (2-3 deer/year) it’s a great balance of capability, weight, price, etc.

God Bless.