What new gear are you taking with you this year?

NL 12x - used them during bear season and really liked them. The real test is getting through archery and seeing if they can be the one and done pair.

Tricer LP head - used during bear season as well. I’m not 100% sold on it but going to give it a full season

Grakksaw boot dryer - have three weeks in Alaska coming up, hoping these things are worth their weight

TxLite

WKR
SG solo
New 7prc
Trijicon tenmile
Maven b6 10x50’s

Wife will be using a MR sawtooth

Probably the fewest changes from 1 year to the next in a while.

Ultimately I focused on taking less of me out there this year. I was doing powerlifting and fluctuating weight off and on during the year, I gave that up last year and just focused on cardio and dropped 35-40 pounds.

Bedlam replacing the 44 mag is the only for sure change.

Still debating on the outdoorsmans pistol grip Ive used for years or the Wiser Nighthawk panhead. Been really impressed with that Wiser.

Last edited:
picked up a different window mount to try for my spotter and 15x binos just for scouting deer around home this summer. It is a Vanguard VEO 2 BH-50WM and so far so good but my previous one was generic $20 cheapo i picked up like 5 years ago.

Only a single small change as things have been working pretty darn well for the hunts that I normally do.

I have added Instant Cool Packs. Should be nice on the August and October bear hunts as well as early season Coues.

If I was smarter, I'd add a flask with JW Blue.

bigunit

Lil-Rokslider
Bought a vx3hd 4.5-14. Cds seems to be reliable and repeatable despite what the reviews here say.
Also going to try a kifaru 22mag bag out instead of the stryker.
Lite outdoors plateau is new.
Benchmade altitude
Not it great shape this year. Wishing I would have started working out. I'll be suffering the first few days. Nobody's fault but my own. Still have 6 weeks to prepare

JRob#33

FNG
Christensen Ridgeline FFT 308
Mystery Ranch Treehouse 20
New boots...brand is yet to be determined

TheGDog

WKR
Trying Argali's meatbags (hopefully, fingers crossed).
picked up a used ZEISS Dailyt 65mm spotter.
A few more TrailCams off CamoFire.

Going to try 130gr Barnes TTSX .308 Win's this year to try reducing recoil for my son, (gonna be his first time at bat) (and my shooting shoulder has had arthoscopic surgery before, so it'd help me too. Observing the ballistics, it looks very similar to 6.5cm out to 400yd or so, and I don't usually have opportunities or visibility of that kinda distance in this new to me alpine zone I'm now trying to get have a succes in. (D14 San Bernardino Mtns)

Loo.wii

WKR
New rifle
27e6eb374803777e0a283fbf1bf5d948.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
weight ?

Walkstoomuch

Lil-Rokslider
New to me vortex razor UHD 12x50

Second tripod, (Slik with wiser head) so my wife and I don’t have to paper rock scissors every time

Added an onboard compressor to the truck to make all the goat tracks more comfortable. Feels silly to put a $1,000 upgrade in my 22 year old Tacoma but I know how big of an impact this will have

Argali Absaroka. Got it this last spring and it has been a game changer throughout bug season. 2 dogs, 2 adults and plenty of room when backpacking in the bug infested Cascades. Been in several rainstorms too and it has been solid. Looking forward to adding a stove for later season adventures

Last edited:

Clarktar

WKR
Alaska Sledworks LB sled and new harness system designed by Larry Bartlett

Gettincloser

Lil-Rokslider
New Argali Absaroka tent, a new tricer tripod, and a freshly build rifle (7-300PRC) topped with a Maven RS3.2 scope. Excited to draw a tag and put all this new gear to work.
Have you used the Argli tent yet? Let me know your thoughts please. Looking to get one but want to know all the pros and cons before committing.

-Maven 8x32 monocular (blind in 1 eye so binoculars have never worked great for me)
-Sitka Dakota hoody I bought for waterfowl but also would like to try out in the deer stand
-Kuiu attack pants in their ash color