What pistol do you carry in the back country?

I've been thinking of this but I was worried about the accuracy of the lcrx. Is it feasible to make 10 yd shots like grouse are willing to provide?

yeah that’s about the distance I shoot them from. They jump up in the trees and I shoot them off the branches.

Glock .45 with an extra clip first year needed it to turn a black bear with3 cubs they rattled off nicely👍 Too stop her too close encounter1F8ABE46-4BED-492F-A04B-EC4161691489.jpeg

If I'm going to be in grizzly country (and not hunting w/ my rifle), I have a S&W 69 (.44 mag w/ heavy cast bullets) that I carry in a Razco rig, connects to a bino holster

SSlsPfF.jpg

3TipFxO.jpg

Walther PPS 9mm, buffalo bore hardcast ammo. Use an inside waistband holster on my packframe belt. Really lightweight. Never carried a firearm while bowhunting until I had an encounter with a mt lion in a bunch of blowdown. Shot it with my bow at 18 yards. Always carry now

Glock 40 MOS with 200 gr Underwoods.
I carried a Smith 69 but it was a hope and a prayer I'd hit what I'm aiming at. With this Glock it's hard to miss. Conference is more important than ballistics at some point.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

M&P Shield 9mm 124 gr fmj and defense ammo alternating in the mag.
It's what I have and what I shoot accurately. Tried .40 and .45 but couldn't get back on target fast enough. Guess I'm not man enough...

EDIT: Originally had 147 gr but I recently switched back to 124 gr

Back