What Scope Rings are you all using

Luked

WKR
Have a Leupold Mark 4 that I think I am going to put on my 6.5 CM but not sure what rings I want to use.
I have a VX6 with the Mark 4 rings on my 300 WSM, and the Leupold Dovetail rings on my VX6 on my 270.
The Mark 4s on the 300WSM seem very solid but so do the dovetails.
Do you think there is much of a differnce?

And also Do you all lap your rings. I was always told it was best to lap them but then I hear others say with the tight tolerance of the higher end rings there really isnt a need for it.

cjcavinaw

FNG
I run the arc m brace, seekins, or hawkins rings. All of them the warranty is void if you lap them if I remember correctly because their tolerances are so tight.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
Luked

Luked

WKR
I like the looks of the Arc scope rings. I have never seen them before.

kswaterfowl

Lil-Rokslider
Arc m-brace for me as well. I would have them on every rifle, if they weren't so expensive.

BLJ

WKR
Warne, Vortex, Monstrum. No lap. Torqued to 20 inch pounds on the caps and 35 inch pounds on the rail.

Some great recommendations here.

The only thing I will add is that you really need to change out the dovetail rings on your 270. The reliability difference between a good pic rail system and the old dovetail systems is huge.

I have about 5 sets of ARC M-Brace rings across my rifles. They're all I've used for awhile now.

WayneKerr

FNG
DNZ 1 piece medium height on top of a Tikka. Fits nicely with a trijicon tenmile hx 3-18x50. No lapping, no issues.

I just went back and forth on this quite a bit. I've used the Dual Dovetail in the past and never had any issues, familiar with it and have the tools to install them properly. I ended up buying a Warne Mountain Tech rail and matching rings. The reasoning that finally tipped the agonizing decision in my head was that once the scope is properly mounted on a pic rail it's pretty darn easy to swap that scope to another rifle with a pic rail with very minimal install, no leveling or ring marks or torque, just torque the ring rail screws on and zero it.