What state for public land dyh

If you decide on Nebraska which is otc understand that only 3% of the state is public land. It gets hit really hard the 9 days of rifle, I think if I was going to go public I would plan on Muzzleloader its the whole month of December.

I'm seeing more and more nice mule deer coming from Nebraska. Not vast public land but people seem to do well.

Cornhusker

Lil-Rokslider
Craigslist has a half dozen people looking to pay trespass fees for hunting all the time even this time of year. The local papers in my area will get 4 or 5 adds a week looking to pay a trespass fee, most keep the hunting for family or friends. i'm not trying to dissuade you just think it's helpful to know it's difficult for permission during rifle.

Cornhusker

Lil-Rokslider
I'm sure some people do trespass hunts, I regularly see 4 or 5 listings on Craigslist looking for a trespass fee hunt. The local paper in my area typically has adds in the fall looking for trespass hunts I'm not sure I've ever heard of a rancher in my area take them up on it. Most of the ranchers I know save their hunting for family of friends or lease the land to a outfitter. Not trying to dissuade you just hoping to give you a clear picture.

If you decide on Nebraska which is otc understand that only 3% of the state is public land. It gets hit really hard the 9 days of rifle, I think if I was going to go public I would plan on Muzzleloader its the whole month of December.

+1

Nebraska is an opportunity state, as in everyone gets an opportunity to see 200 other guys out hunting.

Definitely some good deer but i would at archery of muzzle loader as well. No worries though, odds of Nebraska regulating non residents or structuring seasons to actually manage game is slim to non, so come on out and join the party!

Look at idaho. Pretty good array of options and everyone has the same chance of drawing so no playing the points game.

Criteria... Rifle.... lots of deer.... decent bucks. Is that all huh? Isn’t that what every hunter wants?

You are looking for a private land hunt. $$$

Go to Montana on their general tag. It's not too hard to draw and they now have a preference point system for the general tag. You'll see deer on the good amounts of public land they have, and you should have an opportunity to get a mule deer that "looks like a mule deer".

Ryguy

FNG
Criteria... Rifle.... lots of deer.... decent bucks. Is that all huh? Isn’t that what every hunter wants?

You are looking for a private land hunt. $$$

I’d also like to shoot a 180” minimum. Preferably within a stones throw from the road thanks

I’m messing around. Get gohunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No matter where you pick, go into the hunt with 0 expectations as to what you want from the hunt. I moved from Georgia to Utah, was glued to social media mule deer and thought that there was a 175+ muley 100 yards off of every 2 track. I was beyond disappointed with my first experience and had amassed a pile of credit card debt to purchase gear that the "pros" on Instagram used. Invest in a couple of mule deer or high country hunting books, set a budget, and buy the best gear you can within the budget. It's simple after that. Go hunt, glass up deer and stalk! If you go into the hunt expecting nothing more than long days and sleepless nights, then i guarantee you that you will have the time of your life.