What Suppressor are y’all running

505Wapiti

WKR
I’ve got a Banish 30 and Lane Scorpion 556. Both sound about the same but if I could do it all over again the scorpion would be titanium or I would go with another ti 30 cal. The weight of all stainless is obnoxious.View attachment 251098
How do you like the Banish 30? I purchased one back in Dec, hopefully it will be out of jail soon.

Goatie

Lil-Rokslider
How do you like the Banish 30? I purchased one back in Dec, hopefully it will be out of jail soon.
I like it a lot. 2 close friends of mine have bought one after shooting mine. I absolutely hate the run around I get with silencer central though. My third can’s paperwork finally got submitted through SC (supposedly) after starting the process in January. Every day I get a different excuse from them about why it still hasn’t been submitted. Happened on my first banish and I thought it was bad luck. Seems like after personal experience with several purchases through them, their standard is to make the sale and then take all the time they want because they can always say the NFA is the problem.

My .30cal can is actually built for my 7mag. Have fun with the .45 can. I've heard it's pretty hard to suppres the .45 something to do with the shap and size of the projectile.. are you on the form1suppressor.board forum?
If your not.. have fun! It's a rabbit hole.

Was just planning on 45 so I could slap it on most any pistol and not be suuuuper worried about concentricity. I also wanna do a “black” lever gun with a can.. so maybe that’ll be next hahaha

Oh yeah haha not super active but do a ton of reading.. and I’m in like 3??? Facebook pages.. it’s a total rabbit hole! Love it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nednic

FNG
Sorry I missed this a few months ago. I don't know how you'd come up with a rating for a Form 1 but I have shot them on a couple bigger guns. I have shot them on a 270 WSM and a 7mm Rem Mag. Thats about as big as I have. Also shot them on 6.5x284, 22-250, 223, 20 practical and 22lr.
That's awesome! I just meant I had never seen anyone build one for anything higher than a .22 LR so I was curious if guys were able to use them on more basic hunting calibers. I would love to build a 30 cal one, any recommendations for brands/kits?

That's awesome! I just meant I had never seen anyone build one for anything higher than a .22 LR so I was curious if guys were able to use them on more basic hunting calibers. I would love to build a 30 cal one, any recommendations for brands/kits?

Join the online forum. https://form1suppressor.boards.net/

Plenty of kits that have all the parts and you just have to drill yourself. Of you’re on Facebook join some Form 1 discussion pages as well.
Silencerstudent on YouTube does a good job explaining things/testing configurations for a mouth breathing neckbeard! Extremely helpful

Sousa3819

FNG
Did you have to fill out any paperwork with the ATF to transport the suppressor across state lines or anything like that?
Negative. As long as you are traveling through states they are allowed you are good. I just throw a copy of my stamp paperwork in my gun case. I've flown with them also. Not a problem.

mcr-85

WKR
Just like @silasbowhunter said, join those forums. I'd look at Pure Performance Armory for parts. They are usually in stock.

Join the online forum. https://form1suppressor.boards.net/

Plenty of kits that have all the parts and you just have to drill yourself. Of you’re on Facebook join some Form 1 discussion pages as well.
Silencerstudent on YouTube does a good job explaining things/testing configurations for a mouth breathing neckbeard! Extremely helpful

sram9102

WKR
I wish I had done more research when I was ordering the ones I have. I got a black friday deal on and AAC 7.62SD and SR-5. Seller threw in a 22 can with each for free. They reduce sound great but all stainless cans are a bit heavy for backpacking around.

Bcrawford

Lil-Rokslider
I have the whole TBAC ultra lineup.
Are you using the CB brakes, or something else? I plan to purchase a gen 2 ultra 7 and want to use it on several different rifles. I’m just not sure if I want to go the CB route, or something like Area 419 Hellfire.

Bbushnell

FNG
SiCo hybrid. I couldn’t justify buying caliber specific so I got 1 that fits everything. I’ve used it on many calibers from 7mm down to 223 and loved it on all

I currently have on rifles the following:
YHM Turbo T2 (2)
Omega 300 (3)
Dead Air Nomad 30 (1)
Thunderbeast Ultra 7 (1)

Are you using the CB brakes, or something else? I plan to purchase a gen 2 ultra 7 and want to use it on several different rifles. I’m just not sure if I want to go the CB route, or something like Area 419 Hellfire.
I use the CB mounts but the hellfire system intrigues me. Also since that post I ordered a Gen 2 Ultra 9 in 6.5 cal as well.

Lawnboi

WKR
Something different. Griffin optimus micro. Rimfire can that I can use on my 223. 5”, 8oz and disappears on the end of the barrel. Surprisingly quite on my 20” 223, even better on the 17hmr.
48695E9C-4636-4985-870E-129FB482DC53.jpeg

204guy

WKR
I converted everything over to the hellfire system. My uses are little different in that I wanted to also use a 338 Ultra on smaller cals as well. Both systems are good, the 419 is just more versatile for expansion with different cans including different brands, but also adds another piece in there to stack tolerances.