What the fudge MTN OPS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all have folks we dislike in life.....all of us. Just because some don't agree, don't get all high and mighty and act like you just love everybody. There is somebody or something out there that you dislike as well. Whether it legit or not doesn't matter......such is life. There are a many folks in life I can't stand.

Felix1776

Lil-Rokslider
We all have folks we dislike in life.....all of us. Just because some don't agree, don't get all high and mighty and act like you just love everybody. There is somebody or something out there that you dislike as well. Whether it legit or not doesn't matter......such is life. There are a many folks in life I can't stand.

Not high and mighty at all and I never said I "love everybody." Far from it. I'm simply pointing out a fallacy that is seemingly becoming more prevalent everyday. Especially online. When there are people and groups out there looking to end hunting, sell off public land, and effectively end our pursuit, we should be looking for allies. Not working to make enemies of people already in our community that seemingly share a similar goal.

And I'm saying real life don't work that way. Besides, my internet manners are wayyyyy better than my in person manners when it comes to things that irritate me. There are factions in any "community", that's just life. Just because we share a similar activity....dont mean a thing. Most of us can't get along with our wives for more than a few days at a time, let along with some dude on the internet who puts out less than my wife.

Gobbler36

WKR
Oh man, it sounds like there's a bunch of crusty, bitter old dudes posting in here. Show us on the doll where Mtn Ops touched you. As I've gotten older and as my time and mental energy have gotten more constrained, I've learned to not spend either on things that really don't affect me. The new generation of "bro hunter" is alive and well and seems to be growing. A lot of that can probably be attributed to the fashion and "cool factor" of Mtn Ops, UA, etc. I'm certainly not in that camp but I fail to see how it's affecting those of us that come at this thing from a more salt of the earth, steward of the land point of view. As long as the Mtn Ops crowd doesn't devolve and settle into the "brown and down" club, I'm fine with it. Hunting is becoming mainstream "cool" thanks to Mtn Ops and the like and bringing people to our side. Sure some of them won't stick with it but that's fine. The cream always rises.

This reminds me a lot of when Mike Iaconelli hit the pro bass fishing scene back in the day. People were losing their minds. "Oh my god! He's a yankee from Jersey! He listens to rap music and break dances on his boat! His hat's on backwards! He curses in public! This is the end of our sport!" He went on to win a Classic and changed the sport by bringing it more mainstream.

I don't use Mtn Ops as I think 95% of supplements are garbage but the guys who run that deal are spreading a positive message from what I can tell and seem to be genuine ambassadors of the "sport." Whether their followers uphold that or not remains to be seen but it seems a little premature to be sentencing that company and their supporters to death.

Dude I am 27, I work on my hunting fitness year round but don't need to snap a selfie with my tank to tell all my friends how much better I am than them because I am working out, and then pawn it off that I am trying to motivate people when it's really just about self preservation, ego, and sponsorship. It's just distasteful to me but hey if someone's all into it......... I know,I know I can look away.

I don't understand the company at all. Overpriced junk (even the stickers I guess) but alot of people buy their stuff. To each his own I guess.. :confused:

They probably figure they can make some extra $$ buy selling stickers to guys that just pretend they use the overpriced junk to look hardcore to others.

One of my favorite movie quotes: "We buy things we don't need with money we don't have to impress people we don't like." - Tyler Durden

Felix1776

Lil-Rokslider
Dude I am 27, I work on my hunting fitness year round but don't need to snap a selfie with my tank to tell all my friends how much better I am than them because I am working out, and then pawn it off that I am trying to motivate people when it's really just about self preservation, ego, and sponsorship. It's just distasteful to me but hey if someone's all into it......... I know,I know I can look away.
I'm right there with you. I live in the gym, on the bike, and on the trail. The only thing i ever post is MAYBE a sweet mountain view here and there. I'm not wired for self-promotion at all. I like to struggle in silence and anonymity. But I just don't feel negatively impacted when Cam posts an action shot of his mountain runs or some other guy doing a crossfit WOD. I think it's great. And if those types manage to spin that into sponsorships or even a full blown living then great on them. Doesn't bother me a bit.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

robAK

Lil-Rokslider
There's blood everywhere....Bunk beds was a bad idea...Why did you let us make bunk beds..

HookUp

WKR
The internet police has found rokslide, a warning to all!

Please!! Mt Ops is a business entitled to sell whatever they damn well please. I am personally buying Rokslide stickers for my vehicle and gear just to piss off posters on this thread!

Man, I cant wait for hunting season to start ....
We can go back to killing animals instead of each other.
lol

Status
Not open for further replies.