What would you do? Binoculars

Corbin99

FNG
I'm thinking about trading some binos I have which are meopta Meostar b1 plus. They are 12x50 and are pretty good, the only thing I would change is the edge clarity. The binos I'm thinking of trading for are Leica Ultravid 10x42. They are the non hd version with the green armoring. If they were the hd or hd plus I would do it without asking around first. What do you guys think?

Have you looked through the Ultravids? I have the 10x42's in the HD+ and they're not exactly perfect to the edge. Well within acceptable for me, and often compared to the SLC, but if you're looking for a significant upgrade from the Meopta's for edge clarity you'd have to look for a flatter image like an EL

CorbLand

WKR
If you can, look through both binoculars and compare them to each other. That is really the best way to make the decision.

roweraay

FNG
Classified Approved
I don’t think any of the 10x42 Leicas, including their premium Noctivids, are known for edge clarity.

I personally would look at the following for excellent overall performance, including edge performance:
a) Swarovski 10x42 NL Pures (expensive but exceptional)
b) Zeiss 10x42 SF (exceptional and slightly cheaper than the NL Pures)
c) Swarovski 10x42 EL (slightly below either of the above options)
d) Zeiss 10x40 SFL (excellent performance, much lighter and reasonable cost)

Yeah Leica isn’t known for their edge clarity, none of the several pair I’ve had were clear edge to edge.

If that’s what you want get swarovskis.

I’m a huge Leica fan and have a pair of the DuoVids and love them. I sold my Vortex Razor 12x50s to get them. They come with a weight penalty but the glass is awesome and being able to have a bino that can go from 8-12x is sure handy.

If it were me in your scenario, I wouldn’t hesitate to make the trade.

I'm thinking about trading some binos I have which are meopta Meostar b1 plus. They are 12x50 and are pretty good, the only thing I would change is the edge clarity. The binos I'm thinking of trading for are Leica Ultravid 10x42. They are the non hd version with the green armoring. If they were the hd or hd plus I would do it without asking around first. What do you guys think?
Corbin99
If you’re still interested in trading can you send me a PM? I’d be interested in the Meopta’s. Thanks

Reed104R

Lil-Rokslider
I would buy Swaro NLs and use and enjoy them the rest of my life and never again feel the need to consider what binos to buy. But thats just me……

In my opinion, this statement could apply to many, if not most phase corrected alpha brand binoculars made in the last 30 years.