Best Binocular Under $1000

maine

FNG
Been doing some research on here but haven't seen posts comparing these specific binos. I'm upgrading my current binos and must spend under $1000, whether that be buying new, pre-owned, demo model, refurbished, etc. I'm an 8x42 guy. I'm looking at the following:
Vortex Razor HD (Not the UHD model)
Leica Ultravid (Not the plus model)
Leica Trinovid HD
Kowa Genesis
Zeiss Conquest
Maven B1
Steiner Predator
Meopta Meopro Air
Sig Zulu 7
Tract Toric
Others??
Looking at the best value for money

This has been talked about hundreds of times, but don’t leave Nikon monarch hg off the list, they compare well to my elite glass and I think you can pick a pair up refurbed for 7-800ish….good luck on your search

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Buy used, and if there was a clear winner, then this question wouldn’t be asked. By the time you get into higher dollar glass, the material differences fade. The remaining differences are things like fit, finish, weight warranty, etc.

You can find used razor UHD for $1000 or less, so I can’t see why you would focus on the razor HD.

The very best glass and binoculars that I ever owned was leica ultra vid.

OP
M

maine

FNG
Buy used, and if there was a clear winner, then this question wouldn’t be asked. By the time you get into higher dollar glass, the material differences fade. The remaining differences are things like fit, finish, weight warranty, etc.

You can find used razor UHD for $1000 or less, so I can’t see why you would focus on the razor HD.

The very best glass and binoculars that I ever owned was leica ultra vid.
Really? I'd love the UHD's but haven't seen them used or refurbished.

If you can find a pair of non HD Leica Trinovids used and in good condition I would jump on them. I believe they were manufactured until 2015 and had the same glass as the Ultravids. When they come up for sale they are typically under or around $1,000.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Really? I'd love the UHD's but haven't seen them used or refurbished.
Watch the classifieds…

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

Gather the quarters under your couch cushions and get it.

FB Trout

Lil-Rokslider
I really like the Kowa Genesis 10.5 x 44, they compare very favorably to the Meopta Meostar 10 x 42, but they lack the capability of being able to mount an Outdoorsman stud, which makes it a bit harder to use off a tripod. They are often a bit cheaper than the Meoptas, but a used Meopta Meostar would be my choice, too. The Meopta Meostar is robust and I have the old Cabelas branded Euro HD, which is a Meostar HD made for Cabelas. Has been very functional and durable.

I really like the Kowa Genesis 10.5 x 44, they compare very favorably to the Meopta Meostar 10 x 42, but they lack the capability of being able to mount an Outdoorsman stud, which makes it a bit harder to use off a tripod. They are often a bit cheaper than the Meoptas, but a used Meopta Meostar would be my choice, too. The Meopta Meostar is robust and I have the old Cabelas branded Euro HD, which is a Meostar HD made for Cabelas. Has been very functional and durable.
The Aziak bino mount is a perfect solution for the kowa genesis on a tripod, and you can leave it on and still fit in a bino harness no problem

I personally like the Aziak better than the outdoorsman stud that I have on my NL, less weight, less cost, quick and easy to get on the tripod, and the arca plate that stays on the binos is low profile.

My next set of binos I’m skipping the outdoorsman and going straight to the Aziak mount, it’s a better system imo

FB Trout

Lil-Rokslider
The Aziak bino mount is a perfect solution for the kowa genesis on a tripod, and you can leave it on and still fit in a bino harness no problem

I personally like the Aziak better than the outdoorsman stud that I have on my NL, less weight, less cost, quick and easy to get on the tripod, and the arca plate that stays on the binos is low profile.

My next set of binos I’m skipping the outdoorsman and going straight to the Aziak mount, it’s a better system imo
Good to know, I’ll have to try the Aziak. Thank you, I appreciate that!

Zeiss or Leica would be my choice as they both are fantastic. I just bought my son a pair of 10x32mm Leica Trinovid for Christmas. He sure likes them. I think they are amazing in quality.