whats he score?

OP
littlebigtine

littlebigtine

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure if there's a final score or not. I was thinking 145 give or take 5. I would most likely shoot him.

As far as the larger buck above. It's a great buck too. My guess is ~185. He lacks mass and eye guards (maybe one small one?). But he's got good width and deep long forks which will get some inches.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
the big buck is 176, the other is… 69”

Hnthrdr

WKR
Never measured any of mine, shot a nice one last year though, and measured him this morning, wonder what the internet thinks he score?

Attachments

• IMG_2898.jpeg
    IMG_2898.jpeg
    775.8 KB · Views: 54

CC11

Lil-Rokslider
Alright I'll play too. My buck from this year, had a real big body, head and neck on him. No expert on measuring but measured him once at camp and then back home and was under an inch on difference. Gross score guesses, nets are for fish and books

Attachments

• Buck2.jpg
    Buck2.jpg
    592.3 KB · Views: 34

Hnthrdr

WKR
Alright I'll play too. My buck from this year, had a real big body, head and neck on him. No expert on measuring but measured him once at camp and then back home and was under an inch on difference. Gross score guesses, nets are for fish and books
165, also agree about nets… just gross here

Hnthrdr

WKR
Closer, I’ll admit, I’ve only ever taped elk, but after doing him up 2x pretty quick I came up with 170&1/4, if I really got generous I would say he is a 165-170 buck, gross of course, mass helps him out a bunch and a solid frame,

Laramie

WKR
The really funny thing about all of this is I can show you a deer that was scored by one guy, trying to be accurate, that actually scored 18" less when officially scored. Unless guys are using tape, cable, and taking their time to be accurate, scores listed on a forum don't mean squat.

Hnthrdr

WKR
The really funny thing about all of this is I can show you a deer that was scored by one guy, trying to be accurate, that actually scored 18" less when officially scored. Unless guys are using tape, cable, and taking their time to be accurate, scores listed on a forum don't mean squat.
I’d agree, I use string and a tape measurer, since I don’t have official kit, it would be fun to get an official measurement, don’t really care since I’ll shoot what tips my trigger but nice to have an idea of what certain sizes look like

Unless guys are using tape, cable, and taking their time to be accurate, scores listed on a forum don't mean squat.

That's how I tape mine. Never had one officially scored tho. A taxi and I got within a couple inches on the same deer.

S.Clancy

WKR
I mean, it depends. I've been within 1-2% of officially scored critters, usually low. I agree most people are edging every measurement in their favor, causing some inflated unofficial scores

Laramie

WKR
Who cares if we're all off however much? It's fun to discuss and sometimes we're all surprised high or low. I don't hunt for score but I think scoring stuff is fun after the fact.
I understand your point of view but many times these threads get testy. Most hunters don't score accurately so my point is discussing scores really doesn't mean anything unless they are officially scored. Even then, there are significant discrepancies in official scores, that's why a trusted panel is used when anything record book level is being entered.

I have one such deer that has a range of 8 " difference in gross scores by two official scorers. 209 to 217.

No they really don't but it's fun to throw a number out in jest just to see where it lands. I can say I have guided, and scored, and also killed a lot of great mule deer. I find it all to just be fun banter. Just because I throw a crazy number out does not mean I expect it to be the exact score of the deer. And if I was to be off by 50" it doesn't really matter one iota.