What's The Best Back Tension Release To Begin With?

I just got back into archery and I have an old strap release. I have been dying to switch up to a silverback to try and learn the right way from the get go, but they have been sold out. From the thread I might try the evolution.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Silverback out of stock, looks pretty similar to the Evolution. Is there a big difference in the two? I've followed Dudley for a while. I know he harps on his release aids. I am sure for good reason.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
I have been shooting the evolution for 2 years. It’s the same as the silverback, just a 3 finger instead of 2, but you can shoot it with 2 if you want. Very easy to adjust tension. I highly recommend it.

Lowg08

WKR
My ten year old hunts with a Stan element. It’s the back tension most little kids start with around here. It can be set very easily and reliably. We see allot of them in the elementary school pins. My boy also shoots a hinge. Tru fire sear. It’s good for beginners

Nock on silverback but technique matters because you can manipulate your wrist to cheat the system in a way

Wright406

WKR
I would recommend getting your hands on as many as possible. What some may recommend may or may not fit your hand and grip profile. If possible locate a pro shop local that carries a variation of brands. Then hold/shoot them multiple times. Or throw down some cash on a CC for your top 5 choices and play with them then return those that weren't in your top 2.

Once you find YOUR favorite, buy another as a true replica for a back up.

vdocLU164

FNG
I haven't tried other resistance releases but the Silverback worked well for me. Easy to use and comfortable in my hand. I bounce back and forth between the too smooth and Silverback. Keeps me guessing and honest with both.

JoshOR

Lil-Rokslider
That Stan element for sale in the classifieds is a great resistance release. I prefer this over the nock-on/Carter.

I really like hinges. I have been through a decent amount in the past years but my favorite is the Tru Ball HBC flex. The micro adjust head and ability to adjust the finger position is awesome. You can put a lanyard on it for hunting too. I go no click for target click for hunting just so I can have a little “safety” in the woods with an animal around.