Whats your Cargo Panel Pockets Setup?

I just added an Eberlestock gun scabbard for my muzzleloader to my CP set up. Looks like it will be really nice!

You won't like it. Heavy and awkward. A Gunbearer is much lighter, faster to get into shooting position and easier to control in dense brush. I tried the Eberlestock for bow and rifle, it sucked.

CoHiCntry

WKR
You won't like it. Heavy and awkward. A Gunbearer is much lighter, faster to get into shooting position and easier to control in dense brush. I tried the Eberlestock for bow and rifle, it sucked.

I've used the Eberlestock gun scabbard in Eberlestock packs I used to run. No complaints. We'll see if it works out. The gunbearer isn't an option.

Colby Jack

Lil-Rokslider
0b59a33eee189ec0681d01a69afd4f9f.jpg
443da667f7ab196a6e66b44d17856688.jpg
55e53be8e5734ec83c146f1c3a65e51e.jpg

OP
napeequa55

napeequa55

Lil-Rokslider
I just added an Eberlestock gun scabbard for my muzzleloader to my CP set up. Looks like it will be really nice!

Interesting.

I am mounting a gun bearer on my cargo panel, but I also though about pack carry with the cargo panel - for long treks where I don't need immediate access to my rifle, or in steep terrain where I need my hands completely free.

I hunt with an AR chambered in 6.8spcii, so a standard scabbard doesn't work.

I was thinking of adapting 511 Tactical's Rush Tier system. It should be a lighter option than a full length padded scabbard, and is design to accommodate semi-auto rifles.

c01f735e389224438c7a129e3179d170.jpg

Looks like it would be easy to attach to the molle on the panel, but I might try to make it work on the frame itself to keep the 7.4lb rifle close to my body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that a large side pocket your using? I like that setup.

it is. it covers the entire field of webbing on the back of the cargo panel. my initial idea was to hang it straight off the top of the duplex but after loading the cargo panel i decided i wanted to get the weight right up against my back. kifaru has the side pockets on sale right now, as well as 1000d guide lid, so saved a little money there.

92xj

WKR
I've had a few PMs asking more questions on my setup. Hopefully these pictures explain it better. If you'd like more explanation or to see a different picture, just let me know and I will take more.

This is how I attached the small side pocket, side ways...

Here it is set up for my day pack.
The large side pocket, attached to the frame holds a harness, rope, a north branch jacket and a vapor stormlight jacket. The two large pockets on the panel hold game bags, flashlight, head lamp, batteries, gloves, knives, etc. Small side pocket is dedicated first aid.

How I attach the straps. I crisscross to pull the small side pocket on the outside up tight where there large side pocket ends. This eliminates the small side pocket from hanging below the bottom of the frame and swinging with your steps. I criss cross the top to hold it tightly and it lines up perfectly to be able to access the large side pocket zipper with only taking the top two buckles loose on the panel.

RCR

Lil-Rokslider
I ran a CP with a Nomad last year with a dry bag. I sold the Nomad and running the CP with a spotter on the outside, large and medium on the inside, camp bag, and a guide lid this year. Only time will tell if I keep with it next year or get a bag. I'm most excited about the functionality of the guide lid with the CP. it rocks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok. After two weekends of running and gunnin', so to speak the jury is in. I'll be getting a bag for next season. CP with pockets is great for a day pack, but I just want to open a bag and stuff things in when I need to move camp. I'm off all next week to close out archery elk and I'd be getting a bag if I had the funds. I love the CP for training and daypack, but it's just going to be one of the options I keep around. That's where I'm at with the CP.

E in CO

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds like you have your mind made up but what the heck... here is a quick update to my 2 prior posts above. I used the CP and Duplex this past weekend set up with 2 lg pockets on outside, 2 med pockets inside and a long side pocket hooked to frame. Also had a stuff sack with my extra rain gear and puffy. I hauled a decent 5x5 mulie out and decided on the spot to use the long pocket to carry some de-boned meat up high off the duplex. took half the meat and the head and rack out on first trip and the rest of the meat on the second. The long pocket wasn't quite big enough for the amount of meat I wanted to carry but I made do. It worked great for a day pack and also hauling meat. The cheap stuff sack adds a lot of flexibility for grabbing gear, stuffing it in and moving quick. Good luck with your decision.

mtfallon

Lil-Rokslider
RCR- I was in the same boat and ordered a AMR in Coyote from OneShot in CO yesterday, shipped same day. I believe he has a few others as well. Same price as Kifaru lists on their site $293 and he charged me actual cost for priority shipping, was around $15 it will be here by friday.

Ok. After two weekends of running and gunnin', so to speak the jury is in. I'll be getting a bag for next season. CP with pockets is great for a day pack, but I just want to open a bag and stuff things in when I need to move camp. I'm off all next week to close out archery elk and I'd be getting a bag if I had the funds. I love the CP for training and daypack, but it's just going to be one of the options I keep around. That's where I'm at with the CP.

RCR

Lil-Rokslider
RCR- I was in the same boat and ordered a AMR in Coyote from OneShot in CO yesterday, shipped same day. I believe he has a few others as well. Same price as Kifaru lists on their site $293 and he charged me actual cost for priority shipping, was around $15 it will be here by friday.

Thanks. The folks at 1Shot are great and are just down the street from me. I picked up a Hilliberg from them a couple weeks ago, hence my current funding deficit . AMR or Mtn Warrior are high on the list, but I may wait to see if they come out with something new this year.

I realize this is an old thread and that it probably a good thing for my questions. For the guys that ran the cargo panel with pockets and a lid are you still running that system and do you like it? I have the Kifaru tactical 24” frame and cargo panel and was looking at setting it up much like the multiple folks on this thread with a Watershed Ruck Liner that’s 5200 CI for camp, food, etc. That way I am able to flex easily from a day pack to a 7 day pack. I realize that Kifaru bags can do this but I like the idea of waterproof for down sleeping bags etc. I see some members saying that they like being able to haul meat and camp in one bag and I can see that for smaller game but for elk isn’t it a mute point? Seems to me like you need all the meat carrying capabilities your pack is able to have and I don’t see the benefit in having 50 lbs worth of camp, food, etc. and only 50 lbs worth a meat and being loaded to the gills and still having 200 lbs of meat to deal with. I am new to this so no offense to anyone just asking for opinions for elk hunting as I am still flexible at this time.

Fatcamp

WKR
Here's how I did mine. It's on a Molle II frame, but someday I'll get a Kifaru.

KIMG1625.jpg

KIMG1628.jpg

KIMG1629.jpg

ETA: This frame and panel carried antelope out well this fall. All I want is a compact set-up to carry the items needed for the day, expandable to carry extra clothing and shelter during rough weather, and able to haul out game. This does all of that. It's heavier than high end packs but when I swap frames that will come down.

Very happy with a panel and pocket. Water bladder, knee pads, down vest, rain set, kill kit, emergency kit, and some food. I added a waist belt pocket for my phone and Inreach, and found some longer straps so I can mount my bow on the pack.

If I have to a dry bag could be used to carry a camp, but that's not really my thing.

Last edited: