What's your favourite shell jacket for the winter/rain?

Hey all,

I've spent a lot of time in cheap shell jackets while hunting in -30C and it's time for an upgrade. Hit me with your recommendations please

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

I’ve got a surplus UCP ECWCS jacket I picked up for cheap and spray painted with white and tan that works well in the winter and then I just wear my issued multicam one if there’s any green out still. Not the fanciest setup but it works well and let me put money elsewhere.

fshaw

WKR
I bought a Simms G4 jacket this summer that’s been treating me well from guiding in the rain to skiing.

fshaw

WKR
If you’re
Looking for Camo I have a Sitka Stormfront that’s been great but is noisy for still hunting/stalking in brush. Not a big deal in a hard wind or rain but not stealthy. Nice hars shell though and looks like they’re on sale right now.

I’ve used several mountaineering brand hard shells, Sitka, and Kryptek. The Kryptek Takur is better than all the Gore Tex products I’ve ever used over the last 20 years. It breathes better, keeps me dry, and has good pockets. I wish the good was more of a storm hood design for when you’re out in driving rain and snow, but overall it’s great

S.Clancy

WKR
Mine are different for rain vs colder weather snow/wind.

Real Rain (AK/PNW rain)- Grundens lightweight jacket. PVC, neoprene cuffs, best wet weather jacket.

Colder weather/snow/wind- Mammut Crater. I can layer better under this than the Grundens

MikeDeltaFoxtrot

Lil-Rokslider
I've used a mil surp ECWS jacket on quite a few hunts, and it did pretty well. it is noisy though. I recently invested in a set of Kuiu Yukon rain gear, and I am using that for now. It is pretty well though out.

Koda_

Lil-Rokslider
Patagonia Torrentshell. I get it in black or dark grey for a more neutral color to hunt with. Super ultra light and layer underneath for warmth. Weighs under a pound so its easy to stow in the pack and not a burden to carry when its not raining.

sneaky

"DADDY"
How is the fit on them? I’ve looked all over for an XL and can’t come up with one. Thinking I might have to try a xxl and see if it would work.
They're cut to fit over layers, if you're on the line between XL and XXL you'll be fine with the 2X. They're coming out with an updated version from what I've heard, but no idea when.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk