What’s your go to dial hunting scope?

Looking to switch from BDC to a dialing scope.

In person I have looked at the Nightforce SHV, luepold VX5, zeiss V4 and vortex razor LHT. Also considering the Creedo.

Simply comparing the features of each in person, I liked the vortex the best with their locking elevation dial and the reticle but not sure I trust them to hold and return to zero like a Nightforce would.

Open to other options, looking for a second focal plan scope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chav0_12

FNG
I've been putting VX-5HDs on rifles, I like it a lot for the price and features. I do have an older Vortex Razor AMG that I have on my "main" rifle though and it's a nice scope.

amassi

WKR
Of your list the Nf or trijicon
What type of hunting do you do?
The credo reticle is poor in low light, shade, timber without illumination
The shv would be easier to use since it subtends @ 10 instead of 15x

Of your list I have the LHT and SHV. The LHT is just a plain better scope than the SHV in my opinion. I don't have any doubts anymore about my LHT's durability anymore either. Mine just got abused six ways to Sunday on a coues hunt and I was still able to nail targets dead center from 400-600 yards and then drop a coues deer at 400 yards. I dialed for all adjustments and everything has been perfect so far.

OP
T
Of your list I have the LHT and SHV. The LHT is just a plain better scope than the SHV in my opinion. I don't have any doubts anymore about my LHT's durability anymore either. Mine just got abused six ways to Sunday on a coues hunt and I was still able to nail targets dead center from 400-600 yards and then drop a coues deer at 400 yards. I dialed for all adjustments and everything has been perfect so far.

Thanks for the feedback. I think that’s the first I’ve heard of a razor being favored over a Nightforce

OP
T
Of your list the Nf or trijicon
What type of hunting do you do?
The credo reticle is poor in low light, shade, timber without illumination
The shv would be easier to use since it subtends @ 10 instead of 15x

Open terrain, long shots in mule deer terrain is what the scope would be used for. I currently used a 4-16x42 with a BDC reticle to make shots and price out to 600 yards. I’d like to practice further so I’ve looking into moving to a scope that can repeatedly dial and RTZ