What’s your go to Sitka product?

Core light wt Hoodie, new this year also a heavy weight. 1/4 zip tees need to be replaced I wear them about 200 days a year, Worn out one jet stream jacket, but that took fIve years of guiding. Got a new one this fall. Merino wool light wt. Long Johns and their packable raingear.

Wags

WKR
Core Light weight followed by the Delta Wading Jacket, It's the only jacket that I've owned that has kept me dry in pouring rain, while driving into the wind in a boat.

KineKilla

WKR
Core LW hoody or non hooded version. I love those pieces but they sure do make you stink. Even on days where you didn't feel like you broke a sweat.

Sitka merino items are great but they are very short. They need to make them in tall sizes. Your top will come untucked the first time you bend over or raise your arms.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

mbro

FNG
I primarily hunt whitetails in northern Michigan. For that I have scent lok early season and very bulky Cabelas late season jacket and bibs.
For my first CO elk hunt earlier this month, I ended up picking up First lite merino top and bottom base layers, Klamath fleece hoodie and FL Uncomphadre puffy and Cabelas space rain jacket and pants. I want to invest in higher quality thin/lightweight/warm layering systems rather than the bulky gear.
I’m very happy with the first lite gear but after talking with a guy I work with that has been hunting in extreme conditions out west for many years, he says he’ll put Sitka above FL for warmth and quality any day. I’m not trying to make this a debate of which clothing manufacture is better and I do realize this was just one guy’s opinion but I respect that opinion and hearing that was enough for me to want to try a couple articles of Sitka.
Planning another trip out west next September/October for elk, not really sure what region at this point. I would like something that would pair well with those conditions as well as the mid season to colder, down to single digits sitting in a tree stand, conditions late season white tail hunting. Waterproof resistance to rain or snow may be desired for an outer layer if the cabelas rain gear could become obsolete.
I know I’m trying to cover various regions and seasons and I know this will result in many different clothing options but I’d like to hear about your favorite Sitka gear whether it’s a simple base layer or a complex parka and why. I want to start accumulating quality gear and if I’m happy with it, continue adding to the gear tote. Thanks
I have FL and Sitka, both are nice quality Sitka is a little nice IMO. I have yet to be disappointed in anything I’ve got from Sitka, and I really wanted to not like it because the price tag but it’s just so nice.

my go to set up is the core light weight hoody, apex pants and jacket, and cloud burst set for rain gear. I wear that when it’s in 30-50’s it’s nice to be able to shed layers. If it was colder where I hunt I’d probably do the fanatic hoody.

for you guys with the fanatic jacket and bibs, how talll/big are you (if you dont mind me asking), and what size did you go with?

mbro

FNG
for you guys with the fanatic jacket and bibs, how talll/big are you (if you dont mind me asking), and what size did you go with?

6’2, 230lbs slightly athletic build. I got XL with almost everything, the only Sitka thing that the XL has been slightly too big is some of the vests

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USMC2378

Lil-Rokslider
I primarily hunt whitetails in northern Michigan. For that I have scent lok early season and very bulky Cabelas late season jacket and bibs.
For my first CO elk hunt earlier this month, I ended up picking up First lite merino top and bottom base layers, Klamath fleece hoodie and FL Uncomphadre puffy and Cabelas space rain jacket and pants. I want to invest in higher quality thin/lightweight/warm layering systems rather than the bulky gear.
I’m very happy with the first lite gear but after talking with a guy I work with that has been hunting in extreme conditions out west for many years, he says he’ll put Sitka above FL for warmth and quality any day. I’m not trying to make this a debate of which clothing manufacture is better and I do realize this was just one guy’s opinion but I respect that opinion and hearing that was enough for me to want to try a couple articles of Sitka.
Planning another trip out west next September/October for elk, not really sure what region at this point. I would like something that would pair well with those conditions as well as the mid season to colder, down to single digits sitting in a tree stand, conditions late season white tail hunting. Waterproof resistance to rain or snow may be desired for an outer layer if the cabelas rain gear could become obsolete.
I know I’m trying to cover various regions and seasons and I know this will result in many different clothing options but I’d like to hear about your favorite Sitka gear whether it’s a simple base layer or a complex parka and why. I want to start accumulating quality gear and if I’m happy with it, continue adding to the gear tote. Thanks
Core lightweight hoody for sure great for hot weather.

fatlander

WKR
an older Sitka Traverse 1/4 zip has been a staple for me for 5-6yrs now. It’s the perfect mid layer for my needs

Best piece they ever made.

And the 90% pants. Personally, I’ve noticed a difference in quality with the 5-10 year old Sitka stuff vs the stuff that’s less than 5 years old. The older stuff is in better shape than my new stuff.

I’m looking for greener pastures. I think SG is the way I’m heading as I phase out pieces of Sitka gear that’s falling apart.

I hunt a Few northern Midwest states for whitetail and hunt Montana archery elk (northern Minnesota resident) it’s really hard to find items that work for both applications because one is a very active hunts (elk) and most whitetail is not very active at all. It’s really hard to find items that work for both besides base layers and some insulation pieces. If it was me I would just pick away at stuff you absolutely need. For whitetail go Sitka fanatic line no doubt. ( equinox pants, fanatic hoody, fanatic jacket and bibs, stratus beanie). For elk my set up is kuiu chugach rain gear as a shell, kuiu 240, kuiu attack pants, and stone glacier puffy and pants.

TrailDog

FNG
I started with the Ascent pant roughly 9 years ago...still have the pants, worn on countless hunts, countless miles. Other gear and brands have come and gone, but these pants are my favorite, by far.

2muchhp

WKR
I hunt in Northern MI as well. This year on all but the warm days I've fell in love with the Timberline pants and the Traverse cold weather hoodie. Firstlite marino under both. Apex hoodie when warmer.

I get more mileage out of my lightweight hoodie Than anything else. I have been wearing my traverse hoodie more than my jet stream.

OP
K

KRATOCT

FNG
It looks like you’re off to a good start for building an awesome system. Remember the whole 8 piece approach. You’ve got good base layers, an active insulation layer, and a static insulation layer. That’s 4/8. You’re missing a good soft shell pant, a wind-proof layer, and better rain gear (IMO). I only use First lite base layers, but have a bunch of sitka and FL stuff, including the Klamath hoodie. That hoodie is pretty awesome. I would aim for a good pair of pants, a wind-proof jacket, and maybe some rain gear (or you could use a rain jacket as a wind layer, too). Maybe look into the mountain or timberline pants, depending on how warm you’d like them to be. I have the Jetstream jacket, which is pretty awesome, too. It’s not super warm for sitting still in the cold, but it blocks the wind and can be worn over your puffy. Don’t get caught up in brands, figure out what works for you.
Had some time to look into the different options and hone in on what I think I need first.

Base layers: can always use more and the Core LW hoody was hands down the most mentioned so I might go for that.

As I mentioned, I have the FL Klamath and love it. This seems nearly identical to both the Core HW Hoody and Fanatic Hoody so I don’t see the need to go for this at this time. (If I’m wrong in this assessment let me know).

Windproof/water resistant jacket: This is one of the top things I need. The Jetstream jacket is mentioned a lot and it is one of the only pieces I’ve had the chance to see in person. First impression, very loud for whitetail hunting. I noticed the Stratus jacket on their website and the features look similar but for of a fleece outer. Does this make the stratus non-water resistant like the jetstream? And the mountain jacket….is this more of just a windproof shell?

Pants: Heard a lot of mention of the Timberline pants and they look great. I’m not as concerned with noise in the pants as I am the jacket but the Stratus pants caught my eye as well. How do these compare?

Thanks for all the input