When to move spots?

ZMT

Lil-Rokslider
I have a spot on some private land that is frequented by 3 does throughout this year. Last year around this time I had a few does and just as many bucks, but this year I haven't seen a buck on the camera in 2 months.

There is a small patch of public near my house I was thinking about moving to and trying out, but I'm not sure if abandoning the spot I'm in now would be a smart move with the rut coming up. Should I just stay in the spot with the does with the rut coming up in two weeks?

a lot of changes are starting to happen. I've had a camera not get a single buck from august to oct. 15 then have 10+ different bucks in the next week start passing through. so don't panic. but also, are you may be over hunting the same spot too much and the deer have you figured out? good luck a lot can happen this next month.

OP
Z

ZMT

Lil-Rokslider
a lot of changes are starting to happen. I've had a camera not get a single buck from august to oct. 15 then have 10+ different bucks in the next week start passing through. so don't panic. but also, are you may be over hunting the same spot too much and the deer have you figured out? good luck a lot can happen this next month.
Thank you, definitely a possibility that I'm overhunting it. I gave it a week break but I'm thinking I should give it another before sitting again.

Hoping I start seeing some bucks again. Last year, the started showing up about the 17th so I'm thinking they're just a bit late this year

If you're able to find an area with a good amount of does then you should be in a good position to catch some cruising bucks when the rut is on.