Where to get Cut and Thread?

Esq

FNG
I'm in Oregon. No experience with gunsmiths. Wanting to get a barrell cut and threaded. Recommendations please. Thx

Harvey_NW

WKR
Any gunsmith in business should be able to cut, crown, and thread a barrel. If you prefer keeping it local I suggest searching for businesses near you, and reading some reviews. If you want to ship it to someone reputable there are a pile of smiths recommended on Rokslide. I suggest Kampfeld Customs, or LRI.

Shaen, pva, lri, kampfield, and Thunderbeast all have a good number of high quality cut and thread jobs photographed by various members here.

If you're threading for a can not a brake I would be picky about who does that work.

OP
E

Esq

FNG
Thank you both. Btw I looked locally and we don't seem to have any smith's doing machining. So I'll be sending it out.

Loper

WKR
Any gunsmith in business should be able to cut, crown, and thread a barrel.

That’s what I thought at one time. Last summer I called the biggest local gun shop near me as I knew they’d have a smith. When I talked to him, he said he couldn’t cut or thread barrels. I was shocked.

ceejay

Lil-Rokslider
I used Silencer Central threading service and was happy with the outcome. They send a package with everything to ship the rifle to them, then after threading they ship it back. My suppressor screws on perfectly and the rifle shoots great with it attached.

Buzby

WKR
I used Silencer Central threading service and was happy with the outcome. They send a package with everything to ship the rifle to them, then after threading they ship it back. My suppressor screws on perfectly and the rifle shoots great with it attached.

I second this. Super easy, reasonable price and turn around.

Walkstoomuch

Lil-Rokslider
I use The Rifle Shop in Bend. He’s cut and threaded 3 barrels for my suppressor. If you’re looking to stay in Oregon give him a call.

OP
E

Esq

FNG
Thank you Oregonnewbie. I'd like to keep it local, though I'm about 3 hours from Bend. We get over there a few times a year. It's interesting to me, I've called a # of smith's, some recommended here, and have learned that they are busy and not taking additional work. Seems like there is ample demand and too few quality smiths.

Country custom metalsmithing in NV quoted me a quick turnaround for a chop/thread job recently. Shouldn’t be too hard to find someone.

Wrench

WKR
Thank you Oregonnewbie. I'd like to keep it local, though I'm about 3 hours from Bend. We get over there a few times a year. It's interesting to me, I've called a # of smith's, some recommended here, and have learned that they are busy and not taking additional work. Seems like there is ample demand and too few quality smiths.
Where are you located?

atmat

WKR
Silencercentral I’ve heard good things about. I think it’s much more cost effective doing two barrels at once through them.