Where to hang trail cams for turkey

Hello my fellow turkey hunters, I hope you’re getting as excited as I am for the spring. I’ve started to dust off my pot calls and sew the holes in my pants that tore this winter on a long, wet sit in a dilapidated shed (doubled up though!).

IMG_8846.jpegI’m curious how many of y’all use trail cams prior to spring turkey season. I started using them last year for deer and it worked very well, so I’m considering pulling those cams and placing them near some roosting sites. Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated!

OP
coolcaruncle
Put it over a corn pile........ Lol
Woah. Such an impressive ellipses Scottf270………….did that actually make you laugh out loud or do you just like to dole out some pithy snark with your advice? Bad vibes bud, discourages others from participating in this community.

Amos Keeto

Lil-Rokslider
Put it over a corn pile........ Lol.
That's like checking out the fat chicks at a candy store! LOL!

If, that's "IF", I can get this new hip to work, I've got a spot on a creek that turkeys historically cross. Flocks of turkeys will gather at the edge of the creek, then fly across in groups of 1 to 5.
If all goes as normal, the big, old, fat, lazy gobblers cross last.
All I need is just one to pause before crossing! 😉

OP
coolcaruncle
It made me laugh

Don't be so serious
I’m not so serious I just think “laughing out loud” at a beginner who’s asking for help is being a terrible hunting ambassador. Not to mention it’s kinda just rude and mean spirited for no particular reason at all. But you do you TxxAgg.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Hello my fellow turkey hunters, I hope you’re getting as excited as I am for the spring. I’ve started to dust off my pot calls and sew the holes in my pants that tore this winter on a long, wet sit in a dilapidated shed (doubled up though!).

View attachment 674757I’m curious how many of y’all use trail cams prior to spring turkey season. I started using them last year for deer and it worked very well, so I’m considering pulling those cams and placing them near some roosting sites. Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated!
Those hens? I would put them over looking a watering hole. Don’t really hang cams for Turks though…

TxxAgg

WKR
I’m not so serious I just think “laughing out loud” at a beginner who’s asking for help is being a terrible hunting ambassador. Not to mention it’s kinda just rude and mean spirited for no particular reason at all. But you do you TxxAgg.
Not only do I have an excellent sense of humor, but I also have thick skin. You should try it.

Honyock

WKR
I hang them around my two spin feeders that I use for turkey. They’ve also figured out how to eat out of a protein feeder.IMG_0590.jpeg

Amos Keeto

Lil-Rokslider
In Oklahoma, you can't, "legally", hunt turkeys within 100 yards of a feeder or any baited area.
In Texas, IIRC, you can shoot them under a feeder if you chose.

I've had success on public here in SC putting cameras on ridge tops where I've seen scratching.

I've got 2 cameras out on food plots currently in AL where they will generally get out and strut. Saw 5 toms a couple of weeks ago out on one of them in person, but no footage as of yet.

crmt

FNG

View attachment 674757I’m curious how many of y’all use trail cams prior to spring turkey season. I started using them last year for deer and it worked very well, so I’m considering pulling those cams and placing them near some roosting sites. Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated!
A good food source if baiting is legal in your state never hurts