Whey Protein

I haven’t drank a protein shake in 5+ years and I don’t miss it at all. After 16 years of that shit, I finally said to hell with it. I look better now than I ever have. I’m typically 6-8 weeks out from being stage ready pretty much all year long. The top bodybuilders drink protein supps because they are paid to/sponsored by them. If they stopped drinking that whey, they’d still be the same top bodybuilders.....

Extrapale

WKR
I haven’t drank a protein shake in 5+ years and I don’t miss it at all. After 16 years of that shit, I finally said to hell with it. I look better now than I ever have. I’m typically 6-8 weeks out from being stage ready pretty much all year long. The top bodybuilders drink protein supps because they are paid to/sponsored by them. If they stopped drinking that whey, they’d still be the same top bodybuilders.....
Do you eat immediately after working out? If so, what do you eat? I am quitting supplements after I use of the last of what I have. I need a quick post work out meal. I am leaning towards just taking my breakfast to the gym. Egg whites, sweet potato, and avocado.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Do you eat immediately after working out? If so, what do you eat? I am quitting supplements after I use of the last of what I have. I need a quick post work out meal. I am leaning towards just taking my breakfast to the gym. Egg whites, sweet potato, and avocado.

If you have the ability to take your food with you and eat it afterwards, that will always be your best option. Even if it’s just something quick and cold. As long as its whole food rather than a protein mix, you can’t go wrong.
You asked what I do? I’ll tell you but keep in mind I’m not normal as far as my diet. I have a lot of lean muscle mass and I’m able to consume a lot of calories and not get fat. What works for me will not work for others. I’m in the gym for 1.5-2 hours depending on the cardio I do. As soon as I leave the gym I drive straight to Chic-fil-et. I get a chicken sandwich, fries, and a large water. That is my post workout meal 98% of the time. Again, I’m not the norm so keep that in mind.

Extrapale

WKR
If you have the ability to take your food with you and eat it afterwards, that will always be your best option. Even if it’s just something quick and cold. As long as its whole food rather than a protein mix, you can’t go wrong.
You asked what I do? I’ll tell you but keep in mind I’m not normal as far as my diet. I have a lot of lean muscle mass and I’m able to consume a lot of calories and not get fat. What works for me will not work for others. I’m in the gym for 1.5-2 hours depending on the cardio I do. As soon as I leave the gym I drive straight to Chic-fil-et. I get a chicken sandwich, fries, and a large water. That is my post workout meal 98% of the time. Again, I’m not the norm so keep that in mind.
Thank you. I appreciate it. I want those calories in food not powder. Plus food is cheaper than supplements. Especially when you have a few hundred pounds of organic protein in the freezer.

Bulldawg

WKR
The top bodybuilders drink protein supps because they are paid to/sponsored by them. If they stopped drinking that whey, they’d still be the same top bodybuilders.....

That's not true, why do every top professional athlete use protein supplements? They aren't all sponsored. Protein is one of less than a handful of supplements that has a long track record of studies showing that it is beneficial to strength training.

That's not true, why do every top professional athlete use protein supplements? They aren't all sponsored. Protein is one of less than a handful of supplements that has a long track record of studies showing that it is beneficial to strength training.
I did not say anything about top “athletes”. I said top professional bodybuilders. I happen to know 3 personally. All 3 were on the Olympia stage this past year. If you have followed Jay Cutler, even he will state in his videos that when he wasn’t currently sponsored by a particular company/brand, he did not use protein. In the weeks leading up to the show, he would not use it period. Sponsored or not. Everything came from real food. Also, I never said protein was worthless. It just doesn’t come close to the benefits of ingesting real/whole food.

I’ve taken protein powder for well over 10 years now as a supplement. As everyone states it is never necessary but I definitely say while lifting it absolutely helps. When not lifting I don’t take it because I don’t need the extra calories or protein. Like the product states, it is a supplement.

My favorite two so far
Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard- Mocha Cappuccino. Always took it with just water, or spice it up and mix it with your coffee and some ice and you have an awesome after workout cold drink.

My other favorite is MTS Whey. It mixes better then any I Have tried. Flavors are great and it’s an awesome protein for sludge.

Dont buy the hype of marketing. I'd never even think of buying MTN OPS. As others have said ON 100% whey is legendary for quality and value. Animal Whey is a solid choice as well. Protein from food is always best but being pinched for time or needing quick digestion after a workout, powder protein fills that role.

acesand8s

Lil-Rokslider
I really like the brand called My Protein. Its rated number two by labdoor, taste good and mixes well. Plus, you can get pretty good deals, as they run specials all the time.

waitforit

Lil-Rokslider
For those who are actively lifting and trying to meet evidence supported protein intake needs ( generally.. 0.8 - 1 gram per 1 lb body weight daily) can you share what a typical day diet looks like?

I find it fairly difficult to eat enough protein every day to stay at that level. I have a history of trying to lift heavy while being unconcerned with diet and it doesnt work for me. This time i have made sure to meet protein intake and my lifts are going up much better.

acesand8s

Lil-Rokslider
I usually eat greek yogurt in the morning (I buy the quart size) or egg whites with a steak (deer/elk/sirloin), then I have a snack that is a protein bar or nuts, my lunch is usually something like a fish with vegetables or burger (elk/deer), protein shake for a snack, then dinner is usually chicken (baked or grilled) with vegetable and quinoa.

If I'm stressed for time and don't have time to meal prep I keep on hand some of the protein bowls from healthy choice. They are usually pretty good and macros are good in them.

For those who are actively lifting and trying to meet evidence supported protein intake needs ( generally.. 0.8 - 1 gram per 1 lb body weight daily) can you share what a typical day diet looks like?

I find it fairly difficult to eat enough protein every day to stay at that level. I have a history of trying to lift heavy while being unconcerned with diet and it doesnt work for me. This time i have made sure to meet protein intake and my lifts are going up much better.

Extrapale

WKR

Here is mine for today. These don't change much from day to day. Dinner will be rice, about 4 ounces of elk, cheese, and some ice cream.

My protein daily is 215g. This amount of food is to lose 1 pound per week for me.

Once I use up the last of my Whey protein, I will add more meat and yogurt to make up the difference.
affb1f554136ed2169902f0015cc9133.jpg