Which Bino size do you Prefer?

No single optic excels at all things. You are going to compromise.

Since you hunt deer in the NE, the 12s are overkill so take them off the table. That leaves 10s from your list. I personally have never been in a hunting situation with my SLC 10x42s that a pair of 10x50s would have been better served me so I'd go with a quality pair of 10x42. Other folks life experiences may lead them to go a different route.

If you don't already have them, do not forget a quality tripod and head as well.

I use Swaro 8.5x42 ELs. I don't hunt out west. I bought them almost 20 years ago. Never saw the need to buy another bino. If I was buying today and hunted east and out west with one optic I would consider 10x in the swaro NLs.
If hunting out west meant having to add another optic( spotter or 12,15x binos and tripod) I would consider the 8.5x42ELs and save some money.

8x42 LRF best all round IMO.
I don't think you need more than 8x until you are doing most of your glassing past 500yards.

10x really need a tripod to get the most out of them, so you may as well just up to 12x or 15x

I have a pair of 6.5x32 binos that are excellent for bird watching and hunting up close, highly recommend this size if you are only hunting inside of 300yards.

Use 7x42 Zeiss fl, usually first light last light with shots typ 100-200m, mainly clearings in river valleys. Nice low light binos.

The hunting style and habitat for western big game and eastern whitetails are vastly different. So as folks have already suggested, it would be best to have a two glass solution. That being said there is no one glass ideally suited to both environments, so a compromise of features and view is in order. To me, the big question is always = where will you use them most often? Be honest about it with yourself and choose a bino more closely suited to that environment but will still work in the other.
As someone with some compromise gear... I agree with a small change.

What do you care about more?

In the same boat as you. Overwhelming majority of time I am in the east or midwest hunting whitetails. But, I do travel more than some going out west for elk, mule deer and other critters. Even some trips to Alaska.

I was a swaro dealer (as well as other brands) for 20 plus years. I don’t know what your budget is, but to answer your question as to most useful IMO 10x42 by a landslide. Do some research as to efficiency and you may agree.

As to the cat’s meow I vote for the 10x42 NL PURE.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use EL 10x50s because I wear glasses and their eye relief/exit pupil are perfect for me. I'm quite happy with them and have no desire to even think about upgrading.

Back