Which Binos make it in the pack?

HighHunter1232

Lil-Rokslider
I splurged a few years back and bought some Leupold 10x42 HD Gold Ring binos. love them, but they are really heavy; I believe they are 34 oz.

I won a new pair of Vortex Talon HD 8x42s; they should be on my doorstep soon. listed at 28 oz.

Im not real excited about my spotter; Leupold Sequoia 15-45x60.

Im trying to decide what to do. I would like a new spotting scope, but its not in the budget. Do I sell the Vortex binos and the Leupold spotter and upgrade? Sell the Leupold binos? Keep both and save for a new spotter next season?

I hunt in some big country, and it is a long and steep hike to get there.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Dan

blb078

WKR
I don't know what all those sell for but if it you can sell all 3 and get a pair of Vortex Razor HD you'll have great optics and loose weight. Then if you absolutely needed a spotter then you can go the Steve Rinella route and get used a Nomad spotter if you can't find a used one or buy a new Diamondback, if the funds allow.

Last edited:
Keep the vortex if when they arrive the image satisfys you and sell the leupolds and get a swaro 20-60 60mm spotter. Of just invite me along and ill bring my Ziess 85 diascope and all you will have to carry are binos ;) seriously though I keep hunting around for spots like that they are just hard to find. When I do find them they seem to be right on popular hiking trails.

Liljozie495

Lil-Rokslider
Some awesome country right there! Sell the Leopolds both and get that new vortex spotter, im thinking about putting my leupold spotter up soon and switching to a vortex or save up for a swaro lol ;)

Sell the leupolds and pick up the new Vortex razor 50mm. I used mine this weekend scouting and did not miss my 80mm or its weight one bit! Sweet scope for sure but hard to find in stock! (elk101 has 10% off right now)

OP
HighHunter1232

HighHunter1232

Lil-Rokslider
Just an update on my current glass situation.

I just sold my leupold spotter for $280. I was very happy to get that much out of it. The very next day, a vortex razor HD 50mm scope shows up in the hunt-wa classifieds...sweet! I've been on the prowl for a razor for months with no luck. He was only asking $525.

I kept both the Talon and gold ring binos, and truth be told I like the talons just as much. They actually feel much better in the hand and a very clear glass.

I'll have a chance to use my new scope this weekend. I'm helping my dad fill his big bull tag in the blues. 17 years of applying for that tag!

Olydog09

Lil-Rokslider
Just an update on my current glass situation.

I just sold my leupold spotter for $280. I was very happy to get that much out of it. The very next day, a vortex razor HD 50mm scope shows up in the hunt-wa classifieds...sweet! I've been on the prowl for a razor for months with no luck. He was only asking $525.

I kept both the Talon and gold ring binos, and truth be told I like the talons just as much. They actually feel much better in the hand and a very clear glass.

I'll have a chance to use my new scope this weekend. I'm helping my dad fill his big bull tag in the blues. 17 years of applying for that tag!

Wow congratulations to your dad. Not sure if many outside Wa. realizes how awesome those tags can be. I hope he kills a 300+ Keep us posted on his hunt.