Which lid for nomad?

mt100gr.

WKR
...and when I completed the selections in the pull down menus that $71 jumped up quickly. The 71 is the starting price for the cheapest of any lid that you can select...the way I see it.

chuckhanisch

Lil-Rokslider
A cheaper option I was going to use with my Nomad was an IBLE lid. Plenty of them for sale on Ebay. It didn't look pretty but it worked. 13.8 ounces on my scale and could be less with a little modification.

dotman

WKR
...and when I completed the selections in the pull down menus that $71 jumped up quickly. The 71 is the starting price for the cheapest of any lid that you can select...the way I see it.

I believe the $71 is for solid color LH lid, standard is around $36 and XTL is over $100. Just going off memory here. Kifaru doesn't post the lowest price always, just look at the bikini, it is $40 cheaper with aluminum stays but composite stay solid color frame price is listed. Drives me nuts :)

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
The longhunter lid works great. I haven't tried the new guide lid yet, but I will be giving it a whirl before too long.

Here is a pic of the Nomad with a longhunter lid and back pouch attached. I really like this setup with the Nomad.

IMG_00521_zps463c0c5f.jpg

Last edited:

Kotaman

WKR
I have both the XTL and Longhunter lids and on the Nomad prefer the XTL. When the pack is empty, the Longhunter lid really flops around ALOT. No problem when the pack is full, but in daypack mode I actually hated the Longhunter on this pack and I am a huge fan of the Longhunter lid normally. On the Nomad and EMR2, it is the XTL for me.

I took the long hunter lid off when in day hunt mode with my nomad and didn't miss having a lid. I ran a long pocket below the two vertical side pockets. A slick setup!

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry for the delay. I've been really busy with work. Here are a few pics.

Small and medium belt pouches.
20141117_173103_zps8ooaphwj.jpg

20141117_174028_zpskbmnunna.jpg

Small and medium belt pouches and the back pouch.

20141117_173819_zpscdsjxkyi.jpg