Which Swarovski binoculars

Yes. With binoculars it is most commonly seen in Swarovision versions. While it is always there, the intensity of its effects will vary from person to person. For those who use their binos primarily on a tripod it won’t be an issue as the effect is primarily associated with panning. So it will be most acute while scanning around rather than precisely trying to get the most detail from a static subject.
Gotcha, okay thanks. I think I've settled on picking up a pair of the EL 10s and will be purchasing here in about a month, hope it's not as bad as I've been reading. I currently have the ATX 85 and haven't noticed any of that, not sure if the spotters have the same issue.

roweraay

FNG
Classified Approved
Gotcha, okay thanks. I think I've settled on picking up a pair of the EL 10s and will be purchasing here in about a month, hope it's not as bad as I've been reading. I currently have the ATX 85 and haven't noticed any of that, not sure if the spotters have the same issue.
EL 10x42 or 10x50 ? The 10x50s are significantly pricier than the 42s, and just below the NLs in price.

EL 10x42 or 10x50 ? The 10x50s are significantly pricier than the 42s, and just below the NLs in price.
10x42s. I just stopped by the gohunt shop Friday and looked through a pair of el 10x50s and could notice this rolling ball effect but didn’t bother me. Gosh that is top notch glass i cant wait 😬

Have you thought about Leica or Zeiss ?
Noctivid or SFL?
Several years ago I went back and forth between Swaro El and Leica Ultravid both 10x42. Looked through both numerous times over a couple month time frame.

I REALLY REALLY wanted to like the Els the best (I had saved my $ for quite a while so I could get a pair of Swarovskis) but I didn’t.

Bought the Ultravids and have never regretted it. My decision had nothing to do with rolling ball because I don’t see it…

Don’t know exactly what it was/is but the Ultravids were better to my eyes. If you can look thru the others in your price range, I would

Beendare

WKR
Confused yet? Grin

The good news with these top binos….they are all good, hard to make a mistake. The Zeiss Victories have to be in the discussion…they are right there with the NL.

I’ve used all of the top binos. My guide buddy that spends 300 days a year in the western mountains says the Swaro 12x50 is the best all around glass- I can’t hold them steady enough and don’t want to have to brace them all the time…..I prefer 10x or 8x.

50mm is a big bino….I haul my binos everywhere and weight matters- I elect not to pack a 50mm bino.

I think the Swaro EL line is an excellent bino….and good value proposition right now. I do get the Rolling ball with those but can make it a non factor.

The NLs aren’t $1,000 better than the EL…..they are a very tiny incremental improvement and have the wider view of the Zeiss Victories.

My wife bought me the 10x NL for my birthday….I wasn’t going to turn them down.

roweraay

FNG
Classified Approved
I recently purchased a 12x42 NL from a forum member, and then purchased a Swarovski 10x56 SLC HD brand-new, intending to keep the 10x56 as a one-and-done general purpose binocular.

But handling both of these and pitting them against each other, I am continually drawn to the NLs, rather than the SLCs. During dusk and early dawn, in near pitch dark conditions, the SLC holds a slight edge, but not enough for me to get swayed to it. I am leaning towards returning the SLC, and getting a 8x42 NL in its place.

The NL 12x42 is good enough to be a general purpose binocular, due to its wide enough FOV and also especially since I have really steady hands and the forehead rest allows the binocular to be fully usable handheld, despite being a 12x. I somehow don't feel the same steadiness of view, with the 10x56 SLC, despite the SLC being a 10x.....not sure why !