Which tarptent?

Two years now I have been using my Moment DW. It has spent aprox 65 nights keeping me dry. I have had no major problems. The only time I ever had any condensation was when I woke up to 15" of snow and 45 mph winds. It had been raining when I went to sleep, and stormed all night. The snow blocked the air flow around the base of the tent. I was very happy I had the extra snow pole with me that trip.
View attachment 22184
I am looking into another tent, just to have a backup. It will most likely be another TT.

Hi Tony,

I know this is a super old thread, but wonder how much longer you used the Moment DW and assuming you've likely changed since then what you went to and why?

It looks great for me as after a long day when I'm tired I like the idea of a quick setup, plus a quick breakdown if I have to do so pre-dawn in the dark.

How quick and easy is it to set up just the nest as normally I don't need the exterior, plus I like to see the stars?

Thanks,

Steve

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Hi Tony,

I know this is a super old thread, but wonder how much longer you used the Moment DW and assuming you've likely changed since then what you went to and why?

It looks great for me as after a long day when I'm tired I like the idea of a quick setup, plus a quick breakdown if I have to do so pre-dawn in the dark.

How quick and easy is it to set up just the nest as normally I don't need the exterior, plus I like to see the stars?

Thanks,

Steve

I got rid of the Moment shortly after that for another Tarptent. I have tried most all of their one man styles. I also keep a Hilleberg or two around for when the snow starts flying.
I Never used any of them without the outer exterior.

ndbuck09

WKR
DSC00147.JPG

Here's my Scarp in AK. I run cord off the mid point loops to either my treks, a stick or my tripod in this case (the promaster monopod leg removed for the other side). Set up like this, the tent is so sturdy and bomb proof. The center pole on this guy is noticebly thicker than any other poled tent I've been around. Open the bottom vents, open the center top vents and it breathes quite well in wet conditions