Whisker Biscuit for elk/western hunting?

LostArra

WKR
there's a reason you will never see a whisker biscuit being used by a professional archer.
Wrong forum. This is elk hunting.

Shooting from a line in Vegas with fat arrows is not climbing over rocks and stalking through waist high sage brush which is also why the pro's 30" stabilizer isn't a great idea.

Any rest will work but a WB is one less thing to go wrong when you have invested the time and effort to get a shot on that elk.

Bachto

WKR
Wrong forum. This is elk hunting.

Shooting from a line in Vegas with fat arrows is not climbing over rocks and stalking through waist high sage brush which is also why the pro's 30" stabilizer isn't a great idea.

Any rest will work but a WB is one less thing to go wrong when you have invested the time and effort to get a shot on that elk.

Sorry you're right, I must have got this mixed up. I thought this was a post about asking for opinions about a whisker biscuit. I didn't mean to hit a nerve. I was not referring to indoor archers, show me an example of any high level bowhunter/outdoor/3D archer who consistently kills animals wins competitions with a whisker biscuit. Also you clearly missed my point of devils advocate.

LostArra

WKR
Sorry you're right, I must have got this mixed up. I thought this was a post about asking for opinions about a whisker biscuit. I didn't mean to hit a nerve. I was not referring to indoor archers, show me an example of any high level bowhunter/outdoor/3D archer who consistently kills animals wins competitions with a whisker biscuit. Also you clearly missed my point of devils advocate.

No nerve touched. I shoot both a drop away and a WB.

My point is that just because a pro shoots something doesn't mean it's best for us mere mortals who probably benefit from a more simple setup at crunch time. I would not be surprised if more deer and elk are killed in a season with a WB than any other rest.

bsnedeker

WKR
show me an example of any high level bowhunter/outdoor/3D archer who consistently kills animals wins competitions with a whisker biscuit. Also you clearly missed my point of devils advocate.
Lol....you mean all of the dudes who are sponsored by drop-away rest companies?

For the general shooter there is a negligible difference in accuracy between a drop-away rest and WB for most realistic archery ranges. This has been shown time and time again....go to youtube and you'll see a bunch of videos on this.