Whitetail packs

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

Luked

WKR
I have used my Kifaru with the OG Stryker for quite a few years.
It works great for what I use it for. Most of the time it is stand hunting but this year will be doing more Saddle hunting so ill have to see how it works ith the saddle setup.

Lowg08

WKR
I’m still very happy with the kuiu 2300 pro. It’s been everything I needed this year. Add the bow or rifle carrier and its golden.

Attachments

• IMG_0079.jpeg
    IMG_0079.jpeg
    292.9 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0078.jpeg
    IMG_0078.jpeg
    883.5 KB · Views: 83

SO IL

FNG
I use an Eberlestock Bandit for deer hunting. It's on the small side for a day pack and won't pack quarters, but it's just right for me. If I'm packing quarters, I'm going to take my climber, pack and weapon back to my vehicle and grab a bigger bag to pack quarters in. Hope you find something that works well for you.

SloppyJ

WKR
I use a badlands Super Day pack. I guess if there wasn't much in there you could pack out in it but I wouldn't recommend it. Luckily I don't have to pack out meat where I hunt. If you did, one of the larger packs is best but seriously consider the sled option.

shax2lex

Lil-Rokslider
I’m not the style hunting you use with a stand. I’ve used a climber and a blind with my EXO Mtn Gear 2200. Attached are how I used it this past weekend in the SC mtns. I was 2.5mi deep in the mtns. I had the rifle on the right side, my blind on the left, and the chair in the center. The quartered deer was strapped to the frame.

Attachments

• IMG_2838.jpeg
    IMG_2838.jpeg
    479.3 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2832.jpeg
    IMG_2832.jpeg
    459.8 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2807.jpeg
    IMG_2807.jpeg
    579.8 KB · Views: 78

mjh

FNG
My hunting is day hunting except for the occasional pack in grouse trip now and then. I ran a Pack Idaho--now Bison Gear pack for a couple of decades. Switched to a Kifaru Hellcat a while back when a run of them was done. Takes care of my needs. With my tree stand I have shoulder straps on it so I can easily carry the stand in over the Hellcat.

ProStaffSteve

Lil-Rokslider
I am starting hunting this year.
I am getting a little overwhelmed with packs...I will be mobile hunting in pa saddle and blind hunting. Is there too big? Is there to small? Are kuiu packs really as loud as people say? Do I need a meat shelf? Or internal vs external frame?
Silly, just bring a damn backpack 😪 dont need a pack within 1 mile of a road. the pack slows you down

Binz17

Lil-Rokslider
I use a kuiu 2300. I saddle hunt alot, packs that gear great. I used to use a ebrlestock x2, which was awesome but made for a shorter guy IMO. I'm a taller guy at 6-3 and the kuiu with the tall frame just fit me better.

Yoder

WKR
I hunt public in PA. My go to pack was $20 from the camping section at Walmart. I put whatever small stuff I need in that and bungee my extra clothes to my stand. For urban whitetail I wouldn't waste hundreds of dollars on some amazing pack designed to carry meat 10 miles out of the back country.

KY_coop

Lil-Rokslider
Kuiu 2300/1800 is a nice pack. Plenty of different pockets and lightweight I like mine. Buy I got a deal on a mystery ranch 2dap and ots about perfect for saddle hunting, stand hunting, or out of a blind. A little noisy at first bit once you use it a few times it quiets down well

I have a feeling me quartering is going to be the best option were I am going to be hunting, trying to keep dead deer out of as many people eyes as possible. As I will be in a more urban setting, but I could be wrong.

I’d be taking the whole deer out in that case. If you leave behind a carcass and gut pile there will be buzzards everywhere for the week or so after you leave it behind. And dogs will be dragging deer parts back to their yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kal1431

FNG
Mystery Ranch Pintler has been a great whitetail pack for me. Love having the ability to pack meat out plus be able to strap my sticks and platform to the outside.