Whitetails hunting resources

What publications, social media, podcast, etc. is everyone looking/listening to? Looking for info that covers the entire range of whitetails in the US.

Hunting Beast and his forum is a good resource. Before the echo also. I love the MIHunt app for scouting in Michigan. There is a tree type layer that show size, density and tree types on the map using color code and numbers. Not sure how that data is found in other states...

I’ve tried to do a few different podcasts, but they seem to just ramble on off topic with little to no info given. 🤷‍♂️

Which is why I don’t like podcasts.

Another vote for Dan Infalt. I also like THP and Truth from the stand.
Came here to post The Hunting Public. I grew up hunting family private land where I could hang a bunch of different sets and never had to compete for spots or really be all that aggressive.

My career choice forced me to move away from WI after college and I’ve been hunting public (or public-ish) land ever since. I really struggled until I started doing more research, and I have picked up a ton of new techniques from THP. Really helped me get past my more conservative approach that hunting my own land instilled while growing up.

Its pretty specific intel, but Bill Winke is back on the world wild interweb after departing from MidWest Whitetail. That dude has forgotten more about deer than I'll ever know.

John Eberhart’s first book is pretty good. After that book, it’s a rough read trying to get through all the Scentlok pimping.

Its pretty specific intel, but Bill Winke is back on the world wild interweb after departing from MidWest Whitetail. That dude has forgotten more about deer than I'll ever know.
Most TV hunters annoy the heck out of me, but Bill Winke seems like he'd be a pretty good guy to hunt and learn from

I have learned a lot from The Hunting Public youtube channel and podcast or guys like Andy May who are DIY out of state hunters that focus on being efficient with their time and tactics to make the most out of short out of state hunts and be the most effective.

Southern Outdoorsmen puts out some of the highest quality and widest range of info, mostly geared to the DIY, public land/mobile hunter.

I really enjoy Deer university podcast.

Look up the hunting beast podcast. It is not active (now is before the echo) but those old episodes are still some of the best deer hunting podcasts out there.

Going 4 broke podcast does really good interviews with great hunters and he is MT based so he does talk about western whitetails a bit.

Honestly with podcasts, if you have time to listen to them, you need to subscribe to several because rarely will you be interested in every single episode topic from any given show…

Back