who stretches out before the morning hunt?

i was wondering how many stretch out in the predawn to get things moving.
yoga, tai chi, pushups, jumping jacks ,whatever gets you moving.
i find that getting limber in predawn helps as i get more mature.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I don't even stretch before sporting events, but I'm pretty limber naturally. In the past I found that every time I stretched before basketball, something went wrong. I'd either tighten up quickly or pull a muscle. But every single time I've foregone the stretching, I've been fine. So no stretching for me, and I'm 50.

Poser

WKR
I always feel like I should, but, in reality, doesn't really ever happens. I'll usually sit in the bottom of an airsquat a couple of times trying to get my hips loosened up a bit. There just never seems to be enough time in the morning.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
In the gym I stretch daily and use the foam roller...I know I should while hunting but seldom do. sometimes if the calves are feeling tight a quick Achilles stretch against a tree and if a nap on the hillside some quick downward dog and cobra poses helps to loosen up the lower back. something I know I should do at 52 but seldom take the time before leaving camp.

twall13

WKR
I find I need to "warm up" more than stretch out prior to exercise. Generally walking or slow jogging warms my legs up sufficiently. So as long as I start hiking slowly I'm good while hunting. For me, stretching does more good post workout so I will occasionally do it at night on a hunt. Or as someone mentioned, if my calfs feel tight I'll stretch them out during the day a well.

Push ups are something I regularly do at home but I always debate whether to do them on a hunt or just save my energy for hunting. I usually don't end up doing them but I'm thinking a few in the morning might be a good warm up for my core and back so I may give it a shot at some point.

Dromsky

Lil-Rokslider
I stretch for 5 minutes every morning, 5 positions a minute each. After years of chronic lower back pain from pulled muscles I have been pain free for the last 3 years. Stretching hamstrings and hips primarily. 55 and I approve this message.

jtw

WKR
I may do some yoga type stretching if I'm feeling stiff but I rarely stretch before. Static stretching before exercise supposedly increases the risk of injury. I almost always stretch during and at the end of the day. Just maintenance.

ElkNut1

WKR
I stretch out everyday of my life. This includes just before the hunt whether it's in a walltent or other, loosing up helps out both my mind & body. At 60 I seem to be a bit stiffer in mornings so it does help!

ElkNut1