Who's dealt with severe thoracic back pain?

Clarence

WKR
I was in the same boat 5 years ago. There is a theme in this thread that helped me get fixed up. Commitment to a daily stretching routine that focuses on hip mobility glutes and hamstrings fixed me. Tons of information out there that will help you find what works for you.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

PNWGATOR

WKR
Damn…terribly sorry.

Doesn’t sound like the root cause of your issue has been identified. Have you explored the nutritional side of things? Is there something missing? Just an idea. 🤷‍♂️

Fully understand debilitating back pain and truly appreciate the agony you’re suffering!

A.hol1

Lil-Rokslider
What type of massage and PT? That's my plan as well. Going to start Friday and go until the pain is gone.

Local PT office. They had me do a lot of balance and stretching. Low impact with bands or just body weight focusing on my core and my hamstrings. That is what was the main issue. My PT gal did the massages to start and focused on my hip flexor to finally release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Idaho4x4Bronco
I had really bad back pain and it was all because of tense muscles, not my spine. It all started after a small car crash. At first, I thought I was okay, but then the muscle pain kicked in big time. I couldn’t do anything without hurting, and I hardly slept. I tried dry needling for a while, and it helped a little bit, but the pain always came back.
That's my exact situation, with the same results. Lately it's been getting better, very slowly, but I started doing a ton of stretching and focusing very hard on my posture, as well as focusing on cutting out any foods that cause imflammation.

Mine was so bad I could not lay down to do a bench press and I lost almost all my strength together. The stretching is helping a lot. If I could afford it, I'd continue the dry needling as it works the best.

I have a herniated disc which caused a sciatic problem and the main thing that helped relieve it in the beginning was muscle relaxer ( flexural ) and traction at physical therapy (traction table). the things I have done since is using and inversion table ( which uses body weight for traction) Also hanging from a chin up bar as long as possible ( also ) traction doing this daily. And since working out functionally and not over doing the weight you lift.
the main thing is getting the pressure relived from what is pushing on the nerve( likely a disc). You also may need to actual stretch the nerve that runs down your leg if it is cause problem all the way down. this can be done by laying on the floor bring good leg up to 90deg with foot on floor then place other leg foot on knee to form a square then push on knee toward planted foot or pull on knee with foot on floor.

Hope this helps