Will Vehicle Prices Ever Decrease?

CobraChicken

Lil-Rokslider
Imo they can sell you whatever line regarding finances, inventory, inflation but a truck should not be priced out to almost a home.

No way heated seats and a butt massager and some emblems take a trim from 50k to 110k.

I decided to keep my 2011 ram until it blows. Used market is not much better.

180ls1

WKR
Its pretty much what I am banking on. I really dont foresee a massive correction. I think we will stagnate out, wages will slowly rise to meet needs and in 10 years we will all be talking about the good ol days of 3.00 dollar gas and 40,000 dollar brand new pickups.

But I am below average so take it with a cup of salt.

Financial advisor here, take what I say with a bucket of salt... lol

Yeah, I'd agree. Everyone's $1mm portfolio didn't fall and likely won't fall to $700K. However, that $1mm spends like $700k now. The market will bounce around 15% like it does *every* year. That said, black swans are just that. I am sure one is brewing...

180ls1

WKR
Imo they can sell you whatever line regarding finances, inventory, inflation but a truck should not be priced out to almost a home.

No way heated seats and a butt massager and some emblems take a trim from 50k to 110k.

I decided to keep my 2011 ram until it blows. Used market is not much better.

One of my biggest gripes. A base F-150 is $35k, with options alone you can add $100K. Wild.

CAM_D

FNG
As long as people are willing to pay what they are asking the prices will not come down.

Until people stop paying their stupid inflated prices and vehicles start sitting on lots, why would they drop their prices?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
This is what I keep saying too. The fools paying these prices are a bigger problem than those trying to sell for high prices.

CorbLand

WKR
Financial advisor here, take what I say with a bucket of salt... lol

Yeah, I'd agree. Everyone's $1mm portfolio didn't fall and likely won't fall to $700K. However, that $1mm spends like $700k now. The market will bounce around 15% like it does *every* year. That said, black swans are just that. I am sure one is brewing...
There’s always a correction or crash brewing.

The other thing I think people are missing is that the largest cohort of people that generally have the most disposable income saw a decrease in one of their biggest expenses, mortgages. I know people that have bigger, newer houses, two car payments and those combined are less than my mortgage. If I could refinance my house down 1% of interest it would pay about 1/3 of a pickup payment. Take that down 2% and it would pay nearly all of it and I bought it 2022, at the peak.

Time will tell.

180ls1

WKR
There’s always a correction or crash brewing.

The other thing I think people are missing is that the largest cohort of people that generally have the most disposable income saw a decrease in one of their biggest expenses, mortgages. I know people that have bigger, newer houses, two car payments and those combined are less than my mortgage. If I could refinance my house down 1% of interest it would pay about 1/3 of a pickup payment. Take that down 2% and it would pay nearly all of it and I bought it 2022, at the peak.

Time will tell.

Yeah, people don't buy on price they buy what they can afford, generally speaking. This is why we now have 40 year mortgages and 8 year car notes.

bowhuntercoop

Lil-Rokslider
73393161480__0B8A291A-82CB-46A3-A6E2-8DF3FFE11BDF.jpeg
Sold my 99 2500 5.9 Cummins last week to a landscaper that has been hounding me for the last 3 years about it. 357k on it. I rebuilt the motor last year since I’m a diesel mechanic by trade and can get Cummins parts at cost. 15k cash. Truck market is insane. I sold my 07 5.9 6 speed last year for 40k. Rocking the 4 runner till prices stabilize then I will pay cash for a new tundra. Im in no rush to pay these inflated prices.

maxx075

Lil-Rokslider
If you are in UT, look at surrounding states. They are a little cheaper. I saved ~2500 flying down to AZ and buying one.
Yep, as of right now I'm heading up to OR tomorrow cause they have one specced how I want and I think I can negotiate them down from MSRP a little. Plus no annoying add ons.

ewade07

WKR
Like this?
10705a683e114c52a87cec8ae4918414.jpg

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk
Thats a slick ride. I mobbed around in a 98 forester for years. My brother and i took it elk hunting one year up this shitty mud road and hunted for the day. Came back and some guy in a big ol jacked up truck gave us a look like "how the hell..." Priceless.

Does that have the 2.5 or 2.2 in it?

A couple things I learned about buying out of state.
  • some dealers will not hold a vehicle for you.
  • if having a down payment check with dealer on how they want it. Some will not take out of state checks or even bank checks because of fraud. I ended up doing cash.
I also learned that Toyota's are running a good $3,000 more, at least within 200 miles of me, than a comparable model in other brands and will have a lot more mile on them.

CorbLand

WKR
A couple things I learned about buying out of state.
  • some dealers will not hold a vehicle for you.
  • if having a down payment check with dealer on how they want it. Some will not take out of state checks or even bank checks because of fraud. I ended up doing cash.
I also learned that Toyota's are running a good $3,000 more, at least within 200 miles of me, than a comparable model in other brands and will have a lot more mile on them.
It is crazy how well Tacoma’s and Tundra are holding their value. I don’t think the 3rd gen Tacomas will lose much for another 5 or so years when 4th has been around enough to see how well it does.