Wind indicator

I believe this is who makes the THP version!

OP
A
Thanks for all the helpful tips guys. I thinknim going to try several of the suggestions in here and see what works best for my style of hunting.

I've always used and old prescription pill bottle worked well for me fits in the side mesh pocket of my bino harness

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

JjamesIII

WKR
I've struggled with this. Nothing else even approaches the same solar-system as milkweed in terms of being able to follow wind currents in very still air, but it's a PITA to carry and keep dry. About 20 years ago I was given a little soft plastic container of "fake" milkweed that was designed for the same purpose. It works well, but not nearly as well as real milkweed. However, the container it comes in is the best I have found. Well, I couldn't find it for 2 decades, and then I finally found it again a year or so ago--apparently ozonics purchased the company or patent, because they are now selling the exact same thing under their logo. Get a couple of these, remove the stuff that comes in it, toss the cheesy ring that comes with it and replace with a large split ring, and stuff it full of milkweed seeds. You can get at least a full pod of seeds into it if not more. It is totally waterproof, weighs next to nothing, and takes up virtually no room. I leave one attached to my bino harness and pack strap so it's always handy. It is two pieces, one fits into the other--just pull them apart to stuff it full, and you twist one side inside the other to open a hole that exposes milkweed inside, so it's really easy to access without spilling any.
Thanks man! Perfect. I’ll refill with milk weed or goose down

dtrkyman

WKR
I have a couple like that Ozonics one, think they were called windicators? Perfect little containers.