Wod

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've only ever ran on the treadmill in frigid weather, I guess I'll add smoke to the list now- 4.5 miles of a pretty tough hill workout

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
well the smoke alert went down to moderate this afternoon, so Tiny and I braved 90 degree heat to get four trail miles in- of course he's half Chihuahua so it was probably a little easier for him :D

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tiny Elvis got up early and summited Mt Helena 4 miles roundtrip and 1300' of gain; smoke was significantly less dense this morning thankfully

YPB3fMM.jpg

255hyRb.jpg

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think our less smoky air is going to be short lived, calling for highs in the 90's the next couple of days (actually weeks). It's really hard to keep track of the fires as new ones pop up every day and the old ones continue to burn. It's going to take an epic precipitation event to put an end to the carnage. Wishful thinking when the forecast is 90's for two weeks out :(

PJG

WKR
10 minutes to establish 1 RM squat snatch

12 minute EMOM
1 snatch (power or squat) + 1 hang squat snatch @ 75-90 % of 1 RM

Team of 4

30-20-10
Slug thrusters
Slug burpee
Assault bike

Back home to beautiful Butte for the next two weeks.

If any of you guys are in the wise river area and see a camp with an 03 grey dodge diesel with Montana Tech plates stop in we'll have plenty of food. We don't drink so it's not a party camp.

Last edited:

jmez

WKR
6 rounds
2 mins per round, rest 2 min after every round

20cal assault bike
max power cleans 185# in remaining time

That was bad

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
10 minutes to establish 1 RM squat snatch

12 minute EMOM
1 snatch (power or squat) + 1 hang squat snatch @ 75-90 % of 1 RM

Team of 4

30-20-10
Slug thrusters
Slug burpee
Assault bike

Back home to beautiful Butte for the next two weeks.

If any of you guys are in the wise river area and see a camp with an 03 grey dodge diesel with Montana Tech plates stop in we'll have plenty of food. We don't drink so it's not a party camp.

Pioneers? very nice country- best of luck!

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
nice 12 mile run this morning, smoke was Moderate which has become the new good :) this is one of my favorite 12 mile runs- it's an out and back with some really nice scenery, a good mix of ups and downs and plenty of technical stuff to keep you on your toes. I was apprehensive to run it this morning as we had a fire very close to town in this area and I had no idea how or if the trail was impacted, it was closed for numerous days. As it turns out the fire was about a 1/2 mile away as the crow flies (you can see the black scorched on the top of the ridge in the picture) and no impact at all to the trail- thankfully. The trail was named for a local gal who was very involved in securing public trails in the Helena area and sadly lost a battle to cancer too early in life. Her memory lives on with this trail.

4hQaZQz.jpg

qPYTMGH.jpg

qyWof81.jpg

54lb kettlebell
3x10 snatch
10 jerks
15 push-ups
8 goblet squats
12 sumo squats
15 push-ups
8 goblet squats
12 sumo squats
15 push-ups
2x8 high pulls
15 push-ups
5 shoulder halos each direction
10 around the body pass each direction
12 one arm swing

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well it dropped down to Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups and even though it's much hotter than I care for, Tiny E and I got 4-ish miles in on Mt Helena- I think the air is a just little clearer on Mt Helena (slightly higher elevation, smoke likes to sink)

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
well I woke up this morning and the smoke was almost gone! sooooo I went on a really nice 17 mile run, temps in the 50's, clear air, beautiful scenery- life is good!

lummhmQ.jpg

0FbxtRu.jpg

B5wDQvi.jpg

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tiny E gets a little mad when I leave without him, so being such a nice day took him out to the hills for 4 miles :)

7MA10Lv.jpg

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've got a bothersome catch in my lower back- one of those ones that isn't painful all the time- just need to bend, turn, twist a certain way and ouch!

I strength trained this evening, but cut the weight back- a couple of exercises I just cut out completely