Wod

Ran my 5km race yesterday. The weather sucked. Cloudy with spitting rain and very windy. The course had some long hills. I had fun. My time was 32:30. I am pleased with this since it was my first road race in four years. And I’m going to be 61 next week.

For those of you who take your youth for granted, I saw so many runners, from 9 to 40 years old. I was only one of 18 people in the race over 60.

The standings have not yet been posted. I’m curious as to how I did in my age and below.

Last edited:
^ good deal!

I found (surprisingly) that racing mountain ultras I usually did better in the overall standings vs age group standings (I was in my mid 50's to 60 when racing) and also tended to far better in the shorter races.

I have a theory, not sure if it's accurate. I think the guys that were running in their 50's and 60's in longer races were pretty darn serious and there weren't a lot of "new" runners amongst that age. The newer runners tended to be younger and the shorter the distances, seemed like more newer runners. That's my theory :D

^ good deal!

I found (surprisingly) that racing mountain ultras I usually did better in the overall standings vs age group standings (I was in my mid 50's to 60 when racing) and also tended to far better in the shorter races.

I have a theory, not sure if it's accurate. I think the guys that were running in their 50's and 60's in longer races were pretty darn serious and there weren't a lot of "new" runners amongst that age. The newer runners tended to be younger and the shorter the distances, seemed like more newer runners. That's my theory :D
I would tend to agree with that. The official results were just posted. I corrected the total runners older then 60 years in my post above. It was 18 total, not 8. (fat fingers, sorry). My time was confirmed at 32.32 (only two seconds off my chip time). And I placed 8th out of 18 in the above 60 years in age. And 262nd out of the total runners in the race of 661.

Last edited:
Back