WTB Wolfranger is a scammer

jcojocaru

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That bastard took me for $2000 about a month ago. However, it was on 24hourcampfire and his handle was junglemafia. Same mailing address as on his license too.
Did you recover it? I think you can recover payments pretty easily if you make them with paypal goods & services.

WyoKid

WKR
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That is a shitty deal. I have sold and bought a few things on Rokslide with good luck. It sucks we get these kind of people taking advantage of others.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Not sure how you paid but I worked with my credit card before and received a full refund when scammed over PayPal f&f in a very similar situation.

Even if the funds were sent using your debit/checking account, it would be worth calling your bank.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
That bastard took me for $2000 about a month ago. However, it was on 24hourcampfire and his handle was junglemafia. Same mailing address as on his license too.
I can’t find anything on 24hr about this, or a user by that name even (which could absolutely be my own search ineptitude). What happened? Did you call him out on 24hr?

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Yep, I notified the admin at 24HC and they labeled him as a scammer. The problem is that he can and evidently does change his handle. But Jay Cooper is his "name" and his address is as shown on the Alabama drivers license.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Yep, I notified the admin at 24HC and they labeled him as a scammer. The problem is that he can and evidently does change his handle. But Jay Cooper is his "name" and his address is as shown on the Alabama drivers license.
That makes sense why he isn’t there anymore, if they banned him

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What is the best way to avoid this? I'm currently in FNG status and I've sold one rifle here, but it was a local transaction. Just wondering what the best options are. Normally when doing any transaction on a forum like this, I will try to do the voice verification. Not sure what the other options are really.

Pabst

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
PayPal Goods & Services offers protection to a buyer if they get scammed. How about the protection for the seller, where a buyer might try to scam by asking PayPal to return funds after they receive the product?

ChrisAU

WKR
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
What I would like to know is how to prevent this? Maybe some sort of escrow account that holds and releases the money after a period of time? I would happily pay a fee for large purchases.

Sorry to hear this. This world is full of low lifes

Don't buy from a user with low post count and no feedback using PayPal F&F. It is very, very simple.

wyosteve

WKR
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Do a 'Facetime' type video call with the Seller holding the item and take a screen shot of their face!

CorbLand

WKR
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
What I would like to know is how to prevent this? Maybe some sort of escrow account that holds and releases the money after a period of time? I would happily pay a fee for large purchases.

Sorry to hear this. This world is full of low lifes
Use paypal goods and services. This gives you recourse if the item never shows. Offer to pay the fee for the seller. If they have some reason they don't want you to do that, its a good indicator.

Check their post count and take the time to read their posts. Do they sound legit or is it a bunch of generic stuff?

If someone willingly offers to give you their driver license information, its 99.9% going to be a scam. With all the identity theft and stuff, do you think that people are going to willingly give that information? I have been buying/selling online for over a decade. I dont even like giving out my cell number.

Guys annoy the mods. If you see a post that seems weird, report it. If someone posts 10 posts in less than an hour or two of joining, report the person. It is going to take us all to keep the place safe.

The moment someone does anything that looks like a scam, even if you dont fall for it, report it. You are not the only one they are trying to work.

Last edited:

MTWop

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
What a piece of garbage. Sorry to hear that. Some people suck. Agree with posters above. A phone call is usually telling, but anything can happen. It’s hard not to lose faith in humanity with as common as this is

Time2fish

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I got scammed on here a while back. The hacker broke into a users account and sold under their handle. WKR status with tons of positive feed back. Guy had me send Venmo goods and services, which is for retailers. Venmo wouldn’t refund me because the item was not covered under their protection. It was a few boxes of ammo.
Everything seemed pretty legit. The scammers are getting better all the time. I’m definitely hesitant on ever purchase now. I scrutinize all the replies and often ask for current photos with with date and name written on paper. It sucks we have to deal with that.
Keep your password strong so no one can impersonate you.
T2F