Women hunting boots for Alaska dall sheep hunt?

I will be taking my wife along with me to dall sheep hunt for 4 days. Please help with some shoe recommendation for her. She had never hunt before nor own any sort of hiking boots.

Boots always comes down to comfort for the wearer. Everyone's foot is shaped different. Need to take her to a good store with a wide selection and try all the stiffer sole hiking/mountaineering boots on to see what she likes.

^^^^^^^what he said^^^^^^
She just has to try on several pairs of boots with liner socks and a pair of wool socks. Then she needs walk all over the store, not just around the chair. It’s gonna be a long day for you holding her purse. And tell the sales person to go smoke, cuz she ain’t gonna rush it.

I think people run into more boot problems when they wear a new pair of boots on a hunt without breaking them in, and wrong socks. Even good boots that should fit them well.
Tell her to break those babies in. Wear them to work if she can.
Wear liner socks in addition to the wool socks. Makes a huge difference.
And start now. Sheep season is coming up fast!

(FWIW I’m female and my favorite is a pair of men’s Lowas Tibet GTX high rise. Don’t discount the men’s selection when looking)

TaperPin

WKR
On fire crews and hiking clubs I’ve seen 100 different ways to buy poorly fitting boots.

If someone hasn‘t had hiking boots it’s easy to screw it up. Lighter weight women do not need as heavy of a boot as a much heavier guy - my favorite boot is too heavy for any gal I’ve dated in the last 20 years.

Man or woman, it has to be stressed that once a boot is laced up you should be able to kick the ground or the wall very hard and not have toes hit the inside of the boot.

The boot width is as important as the length. It‘s good to know how wide different brands typically run, especially if her feet are a little on the narrow side.

I‘d forget about hunting boots and look at hiking boots at someplace with a good selection like REI.

It’s great advice to have her wear them as many hours as possible every day - even if it’s just around the house and to work. This advice is rarely taken, but it will save you a lot of sore feet.

Good luck

Best thing about REI is you can really know if it works by using it for a year outside and if it doesn't work you can take it back. Saves a lot of aggrevation.

Unfortunately, over the years thier boot selection has gotten lighter and lighter.