Womens hunting clothing

Gobbler36

WKR
struggling to find some descent gear for my wife that i dont have to run out and drop a grand on hunting clothes, what are some descent options for women?

I have the same struggle for my daughters. For them, I get most of their stuff from the hiking focused brands like Marmot, North Face, Sierra Designs, and Outdoor Research. They all have great gear for women/girls. If she is bow hunting, those brands may not be ideal, since they aren't always the quietest. But, I was able to get awesome down puffys for both my daughters on sale for ~$125 each. Now that my oldest is starting to slow down on the growth, I will probably sprinkle in one Sitka piece a year. But, not a whole kit at one time.

Prois, My wife has a problem with buying this brand. text update...new jacket, text update...new upland pants. Nice gear, the stuff fits the woman nice, no pink it and shrink it.

Cabelas has decent women’s clothing. My wife has some from Prios as well and it’s great quality.

Honestly though there are great women’s clothing from mountaineering brands in earth tones. My wife also has clothing from those companies. Camo is overrated.

You can also check out She SafarI, Kuiu or First Lite.

My wife wears some Kryptek men's XS, First Lite, King's and some hiking brands. If you want camouflage, and don't want to pay a lot for it, have a look at the King's camo website, they make LOTS of camo for woman and much of it is priced considerably cheaper than the big name brands. On King's, read the product specs to make sure you're not buying cotton material camo, unless you're okay with that.

I love my First Lite clothing!!!! I could live in it 24/7. Check it out. Kinda spendy but it's comfortable and performs really well.

I just got my wife some first lite outer layers, and sitka base layers. The sitka base layers were 40% off on camofire. The first lite I got about 50% off from the classifieds on here, they were pretty much new. only tried on. Think I spent $400 on the gear, would have been $750 new.

Gulch Gear is also worth a look! Guy is great to deal with and they do have a womens line.

To be honest I have been disappointed with all of the women's hunting clothing I have tried. They either don't fit properly or are not functional for actually hunting- pockets too small for anything, noisy material, no longevity, etc. I have better luck with hiking brand pants and men's tops/jackets/raingear.

To be honest I have been disappointed with all of the women's hunting clothing I have tried. They either don't fit properly or are not functional for actually hunting- pockets too small for anything, noisy material, no longevity, etc. I have better luck with hiking brand pants and men's tops/jackets/raingear.
Have you tried any of the First Lite women’s line? I’ve heard positive feedback from some. Hoping to get the full picture before my girlfriend drops $$$ decking herself out.

I was just on camofire and they have a lot of deals on Sitka women's clothes today. Looks like the sizes are mostly large.

Unfortunately first lite women's line doesn't fit me. The inseam and sleeve lengths are too short. I do like their gear so I wear their men's long sleeves since they are longer than the women's.
Have you tried any of the First Lite women’s line? I’ve heard positive feedback from some. Hoping to get the full picture before my girlfriend drops $$$ decking herself out.

We came across Prois at the Dallas Safari Club in January. Seemed like well thought out clothing for women. We got my daughter a pair of gloves. But, might get more for next season.

Thanks to the women for chiming in with their experience. Your perspective is appreciated.

My wife has loved the first lite alturus pants. She also has a set of the women’s mountain pants and women’s tops from Sitka that work well. Hard to get the right fit on the Sitka pants go somewhere to try them on. Her favorite and go to is the first lite..

Back