Work outs for Backcountry

Nitrous24

FNG
I am starting a workout routine tomorrow to start getting ready for the back country this year. I am also doing a 5k on the 4th of July and hiking Pikes Peak for charity this September. So I thought I would be pro active and get moving.

I was just wondering what other peoples workout routines looked like for getting ready for the Backcountry.

Thanks and have a great day.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I use one created from Atomic Athlete that I got off of Exo's website. It is free and the only string is your email I believe. That's a fair trade to me...

Ruck with 25-45 pounds, for 1-2 hours on a self powered inclined treadmill. Walk forward, backwards and Side ways to simulate sidehilling, descending etc. And shoot the bow as much as I can, realistically 4 to 5 times a week

Other than hiking around with a pack, a good mix of strength training and some sort of cardio is good.

in my experience, if you do the sport specific training (hiking with a pack) then the type of strength and cardio work you do outside that dosent make much difference running, rowing, skipping rope etc....dosen’t matter. Barbell, body weight, kettlebell....Dosent matter just get a good routine down and do your sport specific training and you’ll be good.

Fasted low intensity steady state cardio done frequently and for longer duration is a good backbone for fitness. Once your body acclimates to doing that very regularly start gradually adding weight to your body for that cardio activity. Basic compound movements for strength done with proper form is always good for fitness.

Back