WTS 2013 Trek X-Caliber 7 MTB

SWOHTR

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen quite a few posts lately regarding mountain bikes. I'll say it's the most fun you can have on two wheels.

BLUF: $600 takes the bike and tools/equipment. Not the helmet though...who wants to wear another dude's sweaty helmet?!

Details: Bought the bike new in 2013 when I lived in San Diego and was single. I'd go riding every weekend, it was great. Fast forward to now, I'm married with a 3-week old son. I don't have time to get out and ride the bike; it's been ridden less than ten times in the last two years. In the interest of hobby consolidation, I'm going to sell the bike and upgrade my optics situation.

The bike is in excellent shape - no cracks in the frame, wheels and rotors are straight. The brake pads are new as of last year and have less than 50 miles on them. In April, the bike got a tune-up including a new chain, crank bearings, and other minor repairs/adjustments. It rides wonderfully and stops/shifts beautifully. It is ready to ride NOW - you won't need to take it to a shop and have them do a bunch of stuff to it. 3x9 Shimano derailleur system, Shimano hydraulic disc brakes. 17.5in frame fits me well; I'm 5' 9" and 188lb.

For those new to mountain biking, the bike is a hardtail 29er - in other words, a GREAT starter bike with decent components (if I were to upgrade only one component on it, it would be the fork - it's got a Suntour spring fork which is "ok"). It's great for singletrack; I would not recommend it for a lot of downhilling (if you want to do that, get a softail and/or something with gas shocks). The 29" tires will climb over almost anything.

Included in the sale is the bike, Topeak underseat zipper carrier (not pictured; in good shape just a little dirty), tire "irons" (they're plastic), two extra tubes, patch materials, and tire pump (compatible with both Presta and Schraeder valves). This is an all/nothing deal; no items will be sold separately.

Shipping/delivery/etc...here's the sticker. I'm not going to ship it, which limits the audience a bit unfortunately. I'm in Moscow, ID; the furthest I'd be willing to drive with it is Spokane/CDA.

Instead of pictures, here's the Craiglist link.
Trek X-caliber 7 - bicycles - by owner - bike sale

If you're interested, please send me a PM in addition to responding. Or, respond to the CL link.

Thanks for looking,

Joe