WY Region R Deer Questions

wannabemtnman

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for some general insight from those of you who may have hunted Region R. Due to a mandatory last minute work trip I have to attend next week, my deer hunt is going from 9 days to a max 4 days. I've never been in the unit, but lots of e scouting and have spoken to the biologist for some insight.

I wasn't worried about finding a decent buck when I had 9 days, but 4 makes me a little more nervous.

Sounds like there's a good number of non migratory deer at lower elevations. My planning has been around two specific units. Looking for some ideas of elevation bands that for ~Oct 20th date and if it's worth hunting higher timber for migratory deer that are likely sticking to timber except for early am/late pm or stick to lower elevations for non-migratory deer.

Any insight is appreciated, happy to PM for details.

I’ve been in there during that time frame. I didn’t see much for deer up high. Hundreds of deer down low on and around ag fields. Mostly doe’s and small bucks. The best buck I saw was down low.

go_deep

WKR
Been a few years, but we've killed a couple good ones on the in-between band. Where most elk hunters aren't, and we're most resident deer aren't.