Wyoming Elk...who's applying? Increased cost changing your plans?

Yooper

WKR
Just put in for the Special General. The thought of not hunting elk this year was worse than the cost right now. Party application. Four hunters each with a point. Should be pretty good odds.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Well I’ll be damned if it keeps me from getting up on the mountain! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya for sure don’t let it stop you. There still places in many otc units that don’t get much pressure

efnm

WKR
Just put in for the Special General. The thought of not hunting elk this year was worse than the cost right now. Party application. Four hunters each with a point. Should be pretty good odds.

EDIT: I missed the Special Draw part, my bad. Odds are for regular draw.

Don't get your hopes up. Only 4.36% (28 out of 619) of those with less than 2 PP but more than 1 drew the general tag last year. 3000 with only 1 PP had 0% of drawing but now have 2PP. This means it will probably be less than 50% for the people with 2PP now.

You should have a 10-15% chance to draw one of the random general tags, though. That's my hope, too.

Last edited:

Ya if I’m understanding the draw odds right, special general has been 100% with 1 PP for as far back as I looked. I did a special general with 2 other guys with 1 PP each. Still only averages 1 PP total though.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ya if I’m understanding the draw odds right, special general has been 100% with 1 PP for as far back as I looked. I did a special general with 2 other guys with 1 PP each. Still only averages 1 PP total though.

Avg would be >1 if you don't have any points yourself

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

efnm

WKR
Arrgghh, I totally missed the Special part of the post. You guys are right.

Takem

WKR
Hopefully burning 9 points in the special draw this year. The cost was not a factor in our decision. It's expensive but we're hoping it will steer people toward the regular draw. We'll see it could be more people are thinking like us and the regular draw is better.