Wyoming nonresident elk draw thread!

You forgot about the outfitter set aside they are discussing. Sounded very NM like to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didn’t forget about it; the assumptions I was making were clearly stated. We can talk outfitter set aside too if you want but that hasn’t been even discussed on this thread. If you have solid numbers on what the system is going to be then send them my way and I’ll update the math.

I didn’t forget about it; the assumptions I was making were clearly stated. We can talk outfitter set aside too if you want but that hasn’t been even discussed on this thread. If you have solid numbers on what the system is going to be then send them my way and I’ll update the math.

They mentioned it on the podcast… I can’t recall if they were proposing a 5/5 spilt but I think that is what they said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 points in the special general. figured WTH....
Hey somebody has to draw those tags right! I’ve had friends draw with zero points the past 2 years. Nothing is cooler than getting a license with no points while we’re all yakking away about point creep right! Lol Good luck!!!

willy

FNG
After reading a couple posts above about entering the WY special draw with 0 points, I have a question. I might be misunderstanding how the 25% of tags drawing.

How does applying in special with zero points improve one's odds. Since 0 points won't draw in first draw, won't that person just be thrown into the 25% of tags for all applicants that didn't draw?

kjw

WKR
And I’m waiting….and I’m waiting…..and I’m waiting……

One of those guys trying to burn points. . . But not in the general, put in for a type 2 tag with 10 points, hoping to be hunting Wyoming this year and then putting in for general tags in the future

Since the modify date has ended, special gen random odds were 30% last year, regular random about 9.
I have no doubt you’re right Bob as you’re the most knowledgeable guy on the subject. But the results show 2196 first choice applicants in the special general random and 357 licenses in the quota. That’s a hair over 16%. How did you come up with 30%?

Jethro

WKR
I have no doubt you’re right Bob as you’re the most knowledgeable guy on the subject. But the results show 2196 first choice applicants in the special general random and 357 licenses in the quota. That’s a hair over 16%. How did you come up with 30%?
Those results do not take in account the tags added to reach the 7250 total non resident quota. Approximately 300 added takes it up to 30% odds.

Gotcha thanks. I figured there were adjustments after the original draw results. Just couldn’t find anything to support that.

come2elmo

WKR
0 points in the special general. figured WTH....
my buddy and I pulled 2 of the random tags for pronghorn in 57 in the red desert with zero points and a group of four of us pulled 4 of the 7 non-res elk tags in a Gila unit so crazy stuff that statistically should never happen sometimes does.

my buddy and I pulled 2 of the random tags for pronghorn in 57 in the red desert with zero points and a group of four of us pulled 4 of the 7 non-res elk tags in a Gila unit so crazy stuff that statistically should never happen sometimes does.
Maybe random doesn't always mean random. Manual process tampering?